"You know what's crazy?" Cooper says, his arm draped over Kennedy's shoulder. "We only have two months of high school left. Two months."

I was officially starting back at Bakley High next week. Although I was nervous to see everyone again, I knew that my friends would be there. I knew everything would end up okay.

"Don't remind me," Kennedy pouts. "I'm not ready for it to be over just yet."

"I am," Asher snorts. "I'll finally be able to say fuck you to my maths teacher without getting suspended."

"Um," Syd frowns, "You really shouldn't do that."

"Why? It's a great idea," he scoffs.

"A great idea? You actually have those?" she jokes.

Asher turns to her and she squeals, trying to squirm her way out of the booth. Too bad she was stuck next to Kennedy and Cooper.

Asher lunges for her playfully, pulling her into a headlock and ruffling her hair. "Asshole!" she grumbles, pinching his arm.

"Ouch!" he cries, holding his arm against his chest. "Bitch."

"Thank you," she smiles, placing a hand against her heart. "That means a lot."

Kennedy shakes her head, leaning her elbow on the table. She cocks and eyebrow at me. "Some things just never change."

"Would you want it any other way?" I smile, resting my head against Harry's shoulder.

"Of course not," she watches Cooper out of the corner of her eye. He's watching Asher and Syd bicker, a bemused smile playing on his lips. She brushes his hair from his eyes, whispering something him.

"So," Harry gains my attention, tracing patterns on my hand. "I was thinking we should take a road trip next weekend. It'll probably be our last one for a while before we start studying for exams."

"That sounds perfect," I agree. "Where would we go?"

"Wherever the roads take us," his eyes twinkle as I brush a strand of hair from his face.

"That was the cringiest thing you've ever said," I bemuse, "but I love it."

"I love you," he whispers.

"And I love you."

"Okay, seriously? I think I just threw up in my mouth," Sydney pretends to gag as she watches us.

"Me too," Asher mumbles. His eyes flicker between Ken, Cooper and then Harry and I.

He turns to Syd, a cheeky glint in his eye. "So, like, should we start making out or something?"

Sydney bursts out laughing along with Asher. She wipes a stray tear from her eye, sighing. "Sometimes I wonder if I would have ended up with you. If not for the fact I don't like males, of course."

"Of course," Asher grins. "But in all seriousness, I don't think I could ever date you. Not after the time I saw you shit in your swimming pool when we were neighbours."