Chapter 8: Welcome to Bloodwood Creek

Night
Delinquent

"You're in good hands, Bee. He's not as bad as you think."

Corrine's words filled my thoughts since the beginning of today's journey. Earlier, I thought all of us were heading towards Bloodwood Creek in three separate jeeps. The alpha in his own and the rest of us in another. I planned to sit and chat with her throughout our dreadful ride, but someone just had to ruin everything.

Instead of the latter, Cal decided that I should accompany him since I was his newly found mate and even tried to reason how his wolf would go berserk if we were to be separated for more than a few hours.

I knew he was lying, because we've been separated for days before I came into terms with all of this. To make matters worse, my friends agreed with his statement. Those traitors . . .

For a moment, I've decided to disregard all basic manners upon dealing with someone like him. It was pretty hard for me to believe that someone with his level of insanity managed to be a great leader for his pack. Not to mention, Bludwood pack was one of the strongest packs to ever exist.

My eyes shot daggers towards his side profile, attempting to seek any possible answers to quench my thirst for curiosity. Despite his conceited and unpredictable nature, there was no denying the fact that Cal was extremely easy on the eyes. He was a beautiful man. Anyone who implied otherwise must be either blind or self-denying. The slight dorsal hump on his tall nose bridge accentuated the masculinity of his sharp facial features. Shadows from his chiseled complexion provided depth onto his face. His dark lashes were full and fanned his eyelids beautifully. Any girl would kill to have those features. If I were to choose three words to describe his physical attributes, it would be tall, dark, and handsome. Maybe not so dark since those grey eyes reminded me of cold thunderstorms.

"Are you expecting for a kiss, my love? Apologies for not realizing it sooner. Just say the word and I'd be more than happy to oblige."

What the actual fuck?

"E-excuse me?" I couldn't believe my ears.

Without warning, he pulled over to the side of the road while the other two jeeps sped past us.

"You've been eye fucking me with those pretty eyes of yours, love. There's no need to be shy," Cal whispered those words passionately as he slowly leaned closer towards my face.

I was frozen for a second before realizing what he was attempting to do. His lips were inches away from mine when I placed my hand on those soft pink lips. Preventing him from kissing me on the lips.

Once I did that, the same look from the night when I survived the Lycan attack resurfaced. Both rejection and disappointment were evident on those molten silver pools.

"I can't feel my wolf yet. I don't know whether our bond as mates is-"

"It's alright. The twenty four hours is not up yet. Give it time," his eyes softened after I gave my reply. Unexpectedly, Cal took my hand with his bigger one and placed a gentle kiss on my knuckles which in turn, made my cheeks redder than a ripe tomato. Ready to explode.

Satisfied with the reaction he got from me, the corner of his lips curled up a bit. Forming a proud smirk.

And just as I tried to frantically cover the redness of my cheeks, his hand stubbornly entwined with mine. Refusing to let go.