Chapter 111: The New Conflict (EP. 04)

Nathan was honestly, very nervous. He knew full well that the last time he saw Aiden was their little argument about letting a predator inside the Northern Isles, an argument which lead him to comment something really offensive to a sensitive matter.

This is his only chance to revive what was left of their relationship as cousins and close relatives. He had to swallow his pride, as much as it hurts his self esteem.

The high King Frederic dressed in his naval blues kept patting his strawberry blonde head brother's back with a cheery mood. The new Prince of Arendelle— Kristoff, was it? Is standing just a few yards from him, speaking earnestly with the General and the Admiral.

"Your majesties, Queen Elsa and King Aiden of Arendelle."

Aiden held his wife close with an arm, avoiding his cousin's awkward gaze. Elsa caught her uncle's look before greeting him with a polite smile, bowling her head slightly in respect, her hair styled in an elaborate chignon, her flawless, off-shoulder red dress with a mid thigh slit making her look more like a goddess than a foreign ruler.

"I haven't seen my niece for a very long time," Frederic exclaimed, stroking his dark beard in curiosity, "She sure have grown into a fine young woman. I heard she saved the kingdom from washing away, is that right?"

Agnarr proudly folded his arms and coolly surveyed, "That's my daughter, indeed."

Flynn tapped his father in law's shoulder while sheepishly pointing at the chairs, "Umm, pops, sorry to interrupt, but uh, we're about to begin."

"Well, gentlemen, shall we begin?" Elsa cleared her throat, letting her husband pull her up the leader's seat. She gracefully sat down on the elegant furniture in sync with everyone else.

Kristoff tugged on his tight collar in irritation, while his other hand adjusted his formal cuffs. He can't help but feel like he's out of his element, the usual Kristoff wouldn't even dare consider wearing this kind of clothing.

Flynn couldn't help but elbow him to get his attention, motioning to the ice queen who is already sending an aware look towards the two of them.

Admiral Arvid sat beside Magoo, who sat by Aiden's side. Nathan sat by Elsa's left side while Aiden on her right, Agnarr and Frederic seated at the end of the table. Kristoff was placed beside his father in law while Flynn beside Frederic.

The silence is deafening, so Elsa decided to cut to the chase.

"Uncle Frederic and King Nathan, Arendelle will forever be grateful for coming for our aid."

"It is our pleasure to help you all," Frederic clasped his hands together as he spoke formally, "Corona considers Arendelle as its closest ally and trade partner, it is only by default that we do this. Aside from those facts," The King of Corona clarified, sending a side glance towards Agnarr, "Nobody in the family gets left behind."

Agnarr chuckled and nodded before his brother, gratitude readable in his eyes.

Nathan stood up from his seat and spoke his part, "The Northern Isles is very happy to help Arendelle in times like this, we offer the finest of our military. And I have taken this opportunity to make it up to my cousin," Nathan mouthed an I'm sorry at Aiden's way.

Aiden could only grin at him and shake his head, as if to say everything's forgiven.

"Again, thank you all. You all are very brave for doing this for the sake of Arendelle. Even though you all fully know that standing by our side may endanger your lives, you didn't hesitate to help. Arendelle will forever be in your debt."

Elsa squeezed her husband's hand in pride after he finished his speech of great gratitude.

"Let us begin. Lieutenant Matthias, kindly settle the map."

The lieutenant stepped forward with a large drastic map in hand, rolling it open before firmly laying it on the round table for everyone to see. The map consisted the entire land of Arendelle; which was drawn by one of the most skilled cartographers in the kingdom.

Each man stood up to peer over the man.

Kai gingerly carried a silver tray where bite size toy metal ships stood. The head butler placed it gently before the admiral's side before walking out of the room in peace.

Matthias grabbed a metal ship and placed it on the North Arendellian Fjord.

"As you all can see, this is the only possible pathway for Weselton's battle ships to enter Arendelle— Arendelle's port is located in the direction of the North Fjord. General Magoo and I had accomplished the task of closing each and every harbor in the kingdom."

"When shall we set sail, King Aiden?" Frederic asked.

"In three days or so. We need to use our remaining time for preparation of our battle ships and weaponry."

"Queen Elsa and I had already discussed how we should shield the kingdom from possible foreign intruders, and her plan is beyond brilliant." Lieutenant Matthias added.

"Can you please explain this defensive move to us?" Nathan questioned.

"Her majesty's arcane plan is simply a surprise. You won't believe it once I tell each of you."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Your plan is simply breathtaking, my love," Aiden gushed, before worriedly reminding, "But your powers must not be so over used. Using them too much can drain you."

"Don't worry so much about me, lover," Elsa whispered quietly, her hands resting on his, "I want to spend time with you as much as I can, please. You will spend the next three days without me." She brushed their noses together.

Aiden kissed his beloved wife's forehead before nodding with a chuckle, "However can I resist my lovely wife?"

"Gardens?" She invited knowingly, raising the back of his hand and pressing a chaste kiss on it. Aiden agreed and took it upon himself to lead her around the hallways, their footsteps echoing through out each blooming laughter.

The afternoon breeze sent their hair swaying each passing moment; his arms never releasing her, not even a second. She looked up at him before burying her head in his hard, perfectly sculpted chest, murmuring affectionately, "Hold me tight."

So he did.

"Don't let me go."

So he did.

"I love you." She breathed out softly.

He looked at her without a reply, nose drowning in the wonderful scent of her hair. His emerald green eyes gleamed before her blue ones, his mouth not making a sound.

She knew what that meant.

I love you too.