"Don't tell me you're hungry," you said, bringing your half-finished flower crown down on your lap. "Cause we seriously ate like an hour ago."

Link, who was half awake, chuckled a bit. His eyes remained close as he patted his belly. "My stomach wants more food though."

You face palmed yourself and sighed out. "I swear Link... are you never full?" You asked rhetorically. Either way, you stretched out to grab your satchel. Once you had it in your grasp you brought it close to you and opened it, checking to see if you had any ingredients to make him something. "Well, you're going to have to wait because I don't have anything to give you."

Link whined a bit before opening his eyes to look at you. "But I saw you stash fruit and mushrooms in your satchel yesterday."

"I did. Those are for an emergency."

"And this isn't an emergency?"

"No."

He groaned, his lips now forming a pout. You quickly covered your eyes with your hand, snickering a bit from the action. "I'm not falling for that," you said, knowing that his signature puppy dog eyes followed. You peaked a bit through your fingers and indeed you saw him looking at you with big puppy eyes.

"(Y/n)," Link whined. You could hear him scoot closer and when you peaked once again you saw his hand reach for the satchel. You quickly moved it away with a 'tsk tsk' sound coming from you. You put the satchel behind you before turning to face him once again. His lips were quivering, but you knew he only did this to make you feel bad.

"Link, there are some apples over there," you said, pointing to an apple tree that was just a few feet away. "Why don't you go get them? Hmm? Surely they'll satisfy you."

Link turned his head, looking to where the apple tree was. He could do that, but he knew he could persuade you in making him some simmered fruit or a mushroom skewer instead. He put on his pouty face again and looked at you. "But I want your food," he stated. You huffed out, staring into his sky blue eyes before looking away. You knew this was an argument you wouldn't win. In fact, you rarely won when it came to him and food.

"Fine," you muttered. When you looked back at him, there was a grin on his lips. You sent him a playful glare before preparing everything. "One day I won't be swayed by your pleading looks and my no will mean no. And when that happens you're going to have to feed yourself."

"Hmm, yeah. One day. Luckily that's not today," Link said with a tiny smirk.

You rolled your eyes at his words before making the fire. Once it turned on successfully, you started to bring the fruits out. Just the sight of them made Link lick his lips in anticipation. You snorted at how he looked at the food. He stared at it like it was the last thing on earth. "I think you love food a bit too much," you commented before turning your attention back to what you were cooking.

"Is that a bad thing? I mean, what's not to love?" He asked with a tilt of his head. "Food is delicious, therefore I love it."

You laughed at his words. "It's not bad, just funny," you answered. Your eyes then went back to the fruit that was cooking. It looked good, but you felt like adding something else to make it a bit different. You hummed in thought and then grabbed your satchel. After searching through it for a few seconds, you found what you were looking for. Spicy peppers. This'll add a different taste for sure, you thought.

After mixing the peppers in with the fruit you waited for them to simmer for a while before placing them on your shield. You made a mental note to find something better to act as your guys' plate. Link clapped when he saw the fruit, though he noticed there was something different from it.