Not-So-Friendly Competition

So I've decided that once this story is over I'll be writing a sequal as well as new books on the backstories of the different characters.  Don't worry, this book is far from over!

-MyComputersDead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7:30a.m.  U.A. High School-1st Year Arena

The seats in the arena were packed.  Mr. Aizawa was right. They were here to see them fail and break under the pressure.  Izuku and Hitoshi sat side by side in one of the waiting rooms as they waited for their class to be announced.  Izuku thought back to the conversation he had with All Might the night before as they finished training.  
*FLASHBACK*
"Young Aizawa, I am so proud of how far you've come!  You have faced so much hardship, yet you have excelled farther than anyone could have ever expected.  You've done me proud, my boy!"  
"T-thank you A-All Might!"  Izuku was holding back tears.  The words from his mentor had really hit deep.  
"My boy, there is no need to cry!"  All Might waved his hands around in a panic.  'God, this kid is so emotional.' After Izuku calmed down, All Might turned to him with a serious look on his face.  "Young Aizawa, tomorrow I want you to try your best."  
"I will All Might!"
"Don't get cocky either.  You may have a very powerful quirk, but that doesn't mean you can let your guard down.  If you do your opponent can outsmart you." He paused to let his successor process what he just said before he continued,"I want you to walk into that arena tomorrow with your head held high.  I want you to tell the world, 'I am here!'"
"But that's your line!"
"Geez kid, calm down.  You can borrow it," All Might chuckled.  
*END OF FLASHBACK*
"Hey Hitochan," Izuku tapped his boyfriend's shoulder.  
"What's up?"
"Um... If we ever have to fight each other, don't go easy on me."  
For a moment Hitoshi was taken aback by the determination in the small boy's voice but quickly composed himself.  "I won't."  
"HEY NERDS!  QUIT YOUR MOPING!"  Both of them turned around quickly and were met by a smilin Katsuki Bakugou.
"Hey Kacchan/Katsuki," they said in sync.  
"C'mon you two!  Don't get your panties in a bunch!  You're both super strong, you've got nothing to worry about!"  He always knew what to say when Hitoshi or Izuku were nervous.  
"Wow Bakubro!  I didn't know that you could be nice!"
"I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT SHITTY HAIR!" 
"So you can call me Shitty Hair but I can't call you Bakubro?" Kirishima teased and just like that the old Bakugou was back.  
"AND BESIDES, I WASN'T BEING NICE!  I JUST DON'T WANT THESE SHITTY NERDS HALF-ASSING IT!" 
"Whatever you say...Bakubro."  Before anyone could stop him, Bakugou was chasing Kirishima out of the room.  
The rest of the class's wait was uneventful, aside from Todoroki's declaration of war against Aizawa.  When 8:00 finally rolled around everyone looked pretty nervous, but they didn't have time to focus on that.  Right now, they had to focus on winning.  
"ALRIGHT!!  ARE YOU GUYS EXCITEEDD?!?"  Present Mic screamed from his post in the announcer's booth.  "YYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!" He shouted, as if to answer his own question.  "FIRST UP WE HAVE CLASS 1-A!!!" Izuku took a deep breath as he led the rest of his class out onto the open field.  The crowd roared with excitement. Present Mic finished shouting about the rest of the classed and let Midnight do her thing. 
She did a little opening speech about how everyone should try their best and how determination turned her on.  Half of the men in the stadium got nosebleeds, but the students were used to this. "And now representing the first years, Aizawa Izuku!"  
Everyone in the stadium stared in shock as the small and seemingly frail boy made his way up to the podium.  He knew that he would have to speak that day seeing as how he had come in first during the entrance exams.  
"I just want to say, don't underestimate us."  He walked off of the podium, leaving everyone shocked by his choice of words.  His classmates were surprised with him. Any other day he would have been a stuttering mess, but today he seemed better composed than ever before.  He was ready to win. 
After a few more flirtatious words of inspiration Midnight announced that the first test would be an obstacle course.  
"READY LISTENERSS?!?"  Present Mic paused then screeched,"GO!!"  Everyone bolted off straight ahead. Izuku thought about using his quirk to stop everybody, but he figured he should at least give them a chance to show off a little.  
Once they reached the first obstacle they realized just how hard this was going to be.  Everyone looked on in shock at the massive zero pointer robots. Only two students kept running, Aizawa and Todoroki.  The latter quickly caught the two robots in a trap of ice while simultaneously freezing half of the other students in place.  Izuku knew this would happen and was already a step ahead of him. He was soaring through the air and lunging toward one of the robots. 
"SMAASSSSHHH!!"  His fist made direct impact with the robot's 'head' and it came crashing to the ground.  He kept on sprinting, but his speed was no match for Todoroki, who just sped along using his ice to gain speed.  His arms and legs ached from using one for all, but he kept running as fast as he could. When he reached the next obstacle he stopped dead in his tracks.  
He stood there looking at a vast canyon. 'How do they have the time and money to build these things?'  His thoughts were interrupted by a girl cackling maniacally and shooting some sort of harpoon to one of the pillars that stood in the canyon.  Tsuyu quickly followed suit, using her tongue to get across. Izuku quickly devised a plan. He turned to the people behind him and yelled,"Do not attempt to follow me!  As soon as I am out of earshot the bride will crumble!" He then turned back to the canyon and ordered the rocks to form a bridge. As he crossed he was careful not to let any of his skin come in contact with the stone.  Once he had crossed he ordered the rocks back to their original state.  
He was on his way to the third and final obstacle when he realized what it was.  Now was the time to show how much damage he could really do. While the rest of the competitors were busy dodging bombs Izuku had devised yet another plan.  "STOP!" Instantaneously everything stopped. The people, the flying rubble and the explosions. Izuku faintly heard his dad yelling about how powerful his quirk was, but he was too focused on the task at hand to be worried about color commentary.  He sprinted through the minefield as though it was nothing but an ordinary sidewalk, which at this point in time, it was. He crossed the finish line with barely a sweat. He turned back around to see more students begin crossing the field and yelled "GO!"  He turned away and heard a bunch of explosions go off, most of them because students were now running carelessly across the field in an attempt to take advantage of Izuku's quirk.  
He walked back out onto the main field of the arena and was met with overwhelming cheering from the crowd.  He looked up at the commentary booth and saw his dads give him a proud smile. Present Mic continued to scream his commentary as more students filed out of the tunnel.  'They will regret underestimating us.  They're in for one hell of a show,' Izuku thought as he looked out at the croud.  'We're only getting started.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, add this to my list of my favorite chapters.  I'm actually really proud of this one.  I hope you guys like it as much as I do!

Go Beyond!  Plus Ultra!