Anxiety

So this is just gonna be a bit of a side chapter.  Its still important to the plot.  Enjoy the story. 

-MyComputersDead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Week After The Exams

3:57a.m.  Shinso Residence

Hitoshi sat awake staring at his phone, waiting for someone, anyone to text him.  He was never able to sleep and that night was no different.  He reflected back upon the day of the enterance exams for what felt like the millionth time. 

*FLASHBACK*
Hitoshi had just finished his practical exam.  He knew he had failed.  His quirk was incompatible with the tests.  He couldn't do anything.  The only hope he had was when he saved a guy from the zero-pointer.  He studied his ass off for weeks before the test so he knew that he had aced the written portion.  While he was walking he continued to overthink the day until a small boy with deep green hair bumped into him. 
"Oh my gosh!  I'm so sorry!"
"Watch where you're- Oh, hey Aizawa!"  He quickly recognized the small boy who had bumped into him as the kid from earlier. 
"Oh, It's you Shinso!  How do you think you did on the exam?" 
'Is this kid serious?  There's no way he actually cares about how I did.'  "Well, I know I didn't do so hot on the practical.  My quirk wasn't suited for it."
Izuku visibly saddened,"I'm sorry to hear that," then he perked up again,"Hey!  There's still a chance for you to get into the hero course!  Nobody in my test group took out more than two robots a piece so the average is super low!  Plus if you did well on the written portion I'm sure you'll get in!"
'Oh my god.  He is so optimistic!  I wish I could be more like him.'  "Well, let's hope so."
"Um Shinso?"
"What's up?"
"Can we exchange numbers?"
"Sure Aizawa." 
The boys exchanged numbers and said their goodbyes.  As they went their seperate ways Shinso continued to think about how odd the other boy was. 
*END OF FLASHBACK*

The phone screen illuminated Shinso's tired features as he continued to scroll through his contacts.  Eventually he came across the one he was looking for.  He stared at his phone.  'He's probably asleep already.  Even if he isn't he probably wouldn't want to talk to me.  What if he was just being nice?  Theres no way a person like him would want to talk to someone like me.  I shouldn't wake him up just because I can't sleep.'  As he pushed the button to turn his device off, Shinso decided against calling Aizawa. 
He set his phone on his bedside table and stared up at the cieling, wondering when he would find out if he made it into U.A.  He knew it was hopeless to even apply.  With a quirk like his there was no way he would be accepted into such a heroic school.  When people tell you that you were born to be a villain all of your life, it's kinda hard not to believe them. 
Shinso eventually fell asleep to the sound of his own thoughts.  His features looked pained even as he slept, and although he wasn't aware of it, a single tear slipped down his cheek. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This chapter makes me so sad!  Shinso is one of my favorite characters.  It hurts to make him hurt.  Well, thats all I have for you guys for now.

Go Beyond!  Plus Ultra!