18 a picnic & the date

Val POV

Val POV

After dinner, the boys got ready for patrol, heading down to the cave I saw them suited up already.

"Hey, dames, stay safe," I say giving him a quick peck on the lips

"Will, do," he says

"V, come on," Stephanie says

"Brown, I want her back in one peace," Damian says

"Yeah, yeah," Stephanie roll her eyes.

---

The girls and I had a great time, we did hair, nails, stuff like that. We watched a movie as well and Steph cried.

In the morning the girl went home, hoping we could meet again sometime, especially Stephanie. I started to get dressed in a cream silk dress, sandles, dangling earrings and a bracelet I got for Christmas from Damian. I did my hair in curls that rolled down my shoulders perfectly. I wasn't much of a makeup person but considering it's our first date and wanting it to be perfect I put a little bit of eyeshadow and eyeliner. I looked at myself in the mirror, I was nervous. Like really nervous, I've never had advice from anyone about this. God, I was scared, just relax. I take in a deep breath and turn the doorknob to see Bruce smiling.

"Hey," I say

"You look amazing Val, my son is a lucky man," he says. "Thank you, for everything. You've done something that I can't even do,"

"Thank Bruce, don't tell him I said this but he does look up to you, and loves you a lot despite the cruelty displayed. He told me himself," I say

He just stays silent, speechless. He looks away first and clears his throat.

"I'll lead you the downstairs,"

Damian's POV

Here I am, standing at the door in a white shirt (work suit one, with buttons) and black pants (the working ones as well). I was nervous, scared that something would go wrong. Get it together Damian, you're an al Ghul and a Wayne. Fixing my sleeves my older brothers Todd and Drake came.