"You like seeing me in pain?" I huff.

"No, I just like being right." I don't look at him, but I know he is smirking.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you to the nurse. Now stop asking so many questions."

"What are you gonna do if I don't?" I taunt. He starts lowering me to the floor. "No! No, I'm joking. I'm sorry."

He laughs. It's a deep, smooth sound that is so freaking sexy.

No! This is Cage Anderson we're talking about. Nothing about him is attractive.

Well, except his light green eyes and his gorgeous golden skin and his jawline and the way that his soft pink lips— Damn it, Alex!

"Why are you blushing?" Cage asks, looking forward.

My cheeks heat up even further. I decide not to answer, because I know I'd just dig my grave deeper.

My mind wanders to the event that just occurred in that shower room. I can't believe that happened. I have the worst luck in the world.

I miss my old life; my friends, university, going out to eat.

Everything is so different now. I'm stuck in jail, I was almost raped and I'm due to be killed.

All because I couldn't afford a good lawyer. My parents refused to hire one for me, because they didn't believe me. They don't know me at all.

I may have not been the most obedient kid but I'm not a murderer. I did so much for them, and they couldn't even give me a chance.

Cage walks to the desk in what I assume is the nurses office. A man, with blonde hair so light it's almost white, smiles at us. "What's the problem?"

"I think she sprained her ankle and she has a few cuts from... a, uh, fight," Cage lies.

The man nods and leads us down a hall and into a room. Cage puts me down on a hard black bed and I sit up, letting my legs dangle off the edge of the bed.

"I'll be right back. Please keep an eye on her. There are needles and other possible weapons in here and she can't be left unsupervised," the man, who I assume is the nurse, tells Cage.

Cage nods and I roll my eyes. Yeah, I'm going to stab everyone with a needle and escape from this prison. That sounds like a successful plan.

The nurse leaves and I keep my eyes averted. I don't know why but I am embarrassed to look at Cage.

"I know I said this already, but thank you. You saved me from something unimaginable. I don't even know how I could possibly pay you back," I say, fiddling with my fingers.

"You can pay me back by not talking to me again. I'm not your friend. Don't speak to me, at all."

I purse my lips and nod. Tears blur my vision but I hold them back.

After all the shit I've been through, the only thing I want is one nice person. One person who doesn't treat me like I'm not human.

If this is my first day here, I can't imagine how much worse it is going to get.

"This is torture," I whisper, mainly to myself. A tear slips down my face.

"Oh great, now you're fu*king crying. I'm tired of this shit. Grow up." He lets out an irritated sigh.

I don't even have the energy to defend myself. I'm so mentally and physically drained that it feels like I'm being pulled down to a place I won't be able to get out of.

"I just need someone to believe me..." I look up at Cage. "I need someone to hold my hand and tell me that I'll be fine, even though I know I won't be. Everything that I've done in my life is for nothing. All my dreams and goals are not going to happen. I won't get married, I won't have kids, I won't get old. I don't get to grow up. I'll never get to dance in the rain again, or go on a road trip with my friends. I'm going to die and I can't even talk about it."

For a second, Cage's eyes go soft and he steps closer to me, but quickly stops himself. "Well then don't murder someone."

That second was all I needed. That moment when he saw me as a person. I grab his hand and pull him closer to me. "I didn't."

He frowns. "What are—?" I pull him down and kiss him.

0•0•0•0•0

What do you think is gonna happen next? ;)

Qotd: have you ever had an imaginary friend?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx