◇chαptєr thírtч-fívє◇ συя тσωи

BRAELYNN WALKED UP the Mikaelson Mansion and impatiently knocked, calling out Klaus' name, practically bouncing in her spot as she fought the urge to leave and come back later

It was Caroline's birthday and Braelynn wanted to do something special for her sister as the younger Forbes claimed this day as everyone's favourite day of the year. She had her present ready and as she was leaving to give it to Caroline, Klaus called her and told her it was an emergency so with a bit of hesitance, she made her way over to his place.

"What's the emergency?" Braelynn quickly questioned as Klaus calmy opened the front door. He let her in and her blue eyes flitted widely around the room as she looked for a threat, for something wrong. 

"Have you learned any spells?" Klaus looked at her, attempting to hide his smile as he noticed the red lipstick adorning her lips.

"No," Braelynn dejectedly sighed. She had been pulling all nighters and each time she failed to find a locator spell she could practice. The only genuine spell she could find was the Incendia incantation and she almost set her old room on fire after Caroline let her siphon her to practice it. "I haven't made any progress so I'm afraid I am of no help in that department just yet."

"I might just have the solution to your small problem. Follow me," Klaus told her, guiding her into one of the rooms had already been finished—it was a library.

Braelynn looked around amazed, walking over to the bookshelves that had already been lined with books. She ran her fingers lightly across the spines as she recognized some of the titles. As she came across some old looking books, she wondered if they belonged to Elijah.

"Here you go," Klaus said from behind her, and Braelynn turned around to see an old looking book in his hands being held towards her. It was kind of thick and leather bound, looking as if it was older than Klaus himself as the brown pages slightly stuck out from the sides. 

It was a grimoire.

"Where'd you get this?" Braelynn asked, carefully taking the old book into her hands. She stepped around Klaus and sat on the sofa placed in the middle of the room, opening the grimoire and gently skimming through it.

"It belonged to my mother," Klaus answered her, sitting next to her as looked down at the open grimoire, slightly frowning when Braelynn's hands suddenly froze at his answer.

"What?" Braelynn breathed out, looking at him with wide eyes. She closed the grimoire and tried handng it back to him, but he refused to take it. "Klaus, take the damn grimiore. It's your mother's. I shouldn't be going through it at all. Not only is it way out of my league, but I'm not family and it seems inappropriate for me to use it."

Placing his hands ontop of hers, he softly pushed the book back toward her, saying, "Braelynn, it's fine. It's just a grimoire you can use for your studying. A means to an end if you will."