◇ chαptєr fívє ◇ ρℓαи в

THE NEXT THREE DAYS WERE HELL FOR THE FORBES SISTERS

THE NEXT THREE DAYS WERE HELL FOR THE FORBES SISTERS. Their mother was still locked inside the basement in the Salvatore house, waiting for Damon to compel the memory away of Caroline being a vampire. She asked him to keep Caroline away and although she did ask to see Braelynn, she couldn't face her mother. Not after she had said she would rather die than keep her sister's secret.

Regardless, Braelynn agreed to go down to see their mother when she asked her if she could come with. Despite being angry at her mother, she didn't want Caroline to visit her alone.

Braelynn watched as Caroline opened the basement door, taking a deep breath and taking her sister's hand in hers as they both walked inside the room.

Their mom was lying down on a bed and at seeing them enter the room, she quickly sat up and swung her legs over the side of the bed, facing them.

Braelynn squeezed Caroline's hand before letting go, moving to shut the door behind them. Caroline smiled at their mother before frowning when she noticed that her mother had not touched the food that was brought to her.

"You didn't each much," Caroline said, trying to make a conversation. Liz looked away, staring at the floor rather than facing her daughters. "Good news! Dr. Damon—"

Braelynn snickered at that.

"—said the vervain's almost out of your system," Caroline continued, ignoring Braelynn's snickering. "So with any look, you'll be freshly compelled and back in your own bed by tonight."

Their mom remained silent and Braelynn sighed, saying, "Are you really going to pretend like we don't exist?"

"Yes," their mom finally said, looking up at them. "So please go."

Caroline scoffed, picking up the tray with food. "As usual, you don't care. Got it. Just like before I was a vampire. It's not like I died or anything."

Caroline opened the door as Braelynn remained inside the room for a second, shaking her head at her mom and before she could walk out, their mom asked, "Are you...are you really dead?"

Caroline looked at her for a second and simply said, "Yes and no."

"How is it possible?" their mom said and Caroline walked back in, shutting the door.

Braelynn sighed and took the tray from her sister, saying, "Here, I'll take it upstairs while you explain what happened. I'll be right back."

Caroline nodded and Braelynn walked out of the room, ignoring her mom calling her name. 

She walked upstairs, passing the living room and she saw Damon, Alaric, and Jeremy all talking together, looking as if they were plotting something.

"Jer?" Braelynn called out his name, furrowing her brows as she looked at the three males in the living room. "What are you doing here? What's going on?"