"I know and you don't have to answer right away, but know that unfortunately your previous position won't be required anymore, meaning you either go with the Smiles or sadly we are going to have to part ways."

I swallowed hard, looking down to my hands.

I knew so well that if I accept the Tour Manager position I will basically be on the road with Smiles... I will be gone.

"How... long do I have to decide?"

"Monday, Miss Forbs," he answered.

I nodded reluctantly.

"Any questions?" he asked. "I will send you the contract right after this meeting, so you can run through it."

"Alright. No questions at the moment," I shook my head as I stood up, feeling my hands shaking.

I was walking out of the office feeling like this "promotion" is the worst thing that could have ever happen to me. I would have rather got fired than wanting to chose whether or not I want this promotion.

This promotion would put me right onto the road I want to take, and also would drag me miles away from Jared's path; tearing us even more apart than now.

The question is; is Managing a band still my dream? Or being with Jared is? Do I have to chose? And if so; is there a right answer?

"Avery, hey!" I heard James' voice and I stopped to turn around with a forced smile. "You're back!" he grinned amazed.

"Yeah; kind of. Not really... I don't know..." I sighed.

"What happened?" he asked. "Come have lunch with me?" he offered motioning towards the road.

"Sure," I nodded.

"This is amazing!" he smiled surprised after I told him about my meeting with Larry. "That's not nothing getting an opportunity like this after just half a year or so," he said as he took a bite from his chicken burrito, while I sipped from my Rosé.

I couldn't even think of eating at that moment.

"Yeah... I don't know James... that's... a lot of traveling... and if I have to travel anyway, I would much rather just travel with Jared..." I sighed taking another long sip from my drink as I looked out of the window.

"Oh yeah... that lucky fella," he smiled.

"You're the only one thinking he is the lucky one," I chuckled. "Everyone else says I'M the lucky."

"Can't see how. I'm not really into hairy guys who always look like they have switched suitcases with a clown." he smiled naughty from behind his glass of beer.

I laughed; couldn't deny the truth.

"So you guys are serious?" he asked curiously.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a frown looking back at him uncertain.

He shrugged, pushing his empty plate away.

"I guess, I just hoped you had a crush on him like anybody else, but when you get to know him you just gonna get over him... and see, that's when I would swoop in with my charming smile," he smiled sweetly.

I smiled back and I couldn't help but giggle.

"James I'm... so sorry. You are a very nice guy but... to be honest I have been working with Jared long enough to know what I got myself into. I never was a fan girl... for me he is just another guy who happens to have a job that involves more loyal customers than others'" I shrugged.