"I kicked the door open...Sorry." The Canadian accent seeped through Wills head as he continued to blankly stare at this intruder.

"Mam- Maureen, Bill said to give you this." Walking towards Mammy and handing her a tattered, leather book held together by weak string. She gave relieved thanks and Will could see her opening the book to corner down specific pages.

"...Tea."

Will was jumped out of his trance in fright as he saw that the man had moved closer to his bedside, holding a dainty cup in his paw of a hand. Not admiring the intimidating 'stare into your soul' look coming from the man, he meekly accepted the tea with a squeaky thank you and nod of the head and quickly took a sip, as to not offend him.

"Thanks Tristian love, send Billius my regards! Hope you're feeling better too." Mammy heartedly voiced after the tea acceptance.

Tristian nodded calmly towards Mammy, and with a final awkward stare at Will, turned around and purposely closed the door in a gentler way.

"Right!" Mammy exclaimed and cleared her throat. "This book, oh gosh I am so glad we have it! This will explain so much sweetie. I am an absolute nightmare explaining all this and I swear, I knew I should've had a script prepared for this day for you!" Jabbering on, Will gave her a look so she knew that she was jabbering on.

"Just read this and I'll explain how we are in this love. Don't worry, I'll know when you're done." Mammy said with a worrying smile.

Will gave an eyebrow raise and slowly turned towards the book that was now placed on his legs. Lifting it up, he carefully opened the first page to see the words Shifters: Past, Present and Future. (Updated 2017) by Hugo Asprey.

Will immediately looked up at his Mum with an inquisitive glance to which she egged him with her eyes to read on.

Will slowly turned the first cornered down page, and began to read:

Legend of the Shifters

Centuries ago, dark magic ran through the world and only the rich and powerful could seek it. Providing patron to any witch or warlock resulted in loyalty back, as well as ultimate status and power.

In the 1200s, there were four powerful lords and ladies, Lady Miriam, Lord Byron, Lord Vincent and Lady Clara, who had come upon a lonely and scared warlock. They took pity on him and brought him onto their lands, giving him luxuries no one could imagine. In repayment, he revealed himself to be Matthias, a dark and powerful warlock and gave them the chance to be the most fearsome in all the land.

Vincent did not admire the warlock and his gestures; however Byron persuaded Lady Miriam and Clara to accept the power and loyalty of Matthias. Begrudgingly, Vincent accepted, but disliked the warlock. This dislike would change history forever.

Matthias told them of a power, a power so fearsome that no other warlock or witch had tried it because they were too weak and were too scared to trust anyone with the creation. The warlock told them of spell. A spell so strong that it would change their souls forever. All four, already consumed with greed to be the most fearsome in the land accepted without question.

The warlock gathered them, one by one and chanted a spell so dark, so impure, that the words have been lost throughout time.

Matthias had created a gene. A gene that had combined their souls and personalities to create fearsome shapeshifters.

The lords and ladies went through 2 days of agonizing pain and sacrifice for the spell to be complete. After the grueling two days, Matthias unlocked them all from their rooms and welcomed them all to their grand hall. The warlock explained that their souls had attached themselves to a spirit, a spirit of an animal that was depicted from their character.