Chapter 3

Fluttering shades of light drew Will out of his sleep. Groggily opening his eyes, he noticed that the shades of brown wallpaper were definitely not from his bedroom. Attempting to sit up straight, he realised that it was a bad idea due to the great head rush that accompanied it.

"What...what on earth happened?" Will, muttered to himself. The flashbacks of previous events caught up with him and created a startling flutter in his heart, basking in his memories of his mum...as a bear.

Hushed whispers outside the unknown room caught his ear and the wooden door opened in a creepily slow stance, revealing a sheepish, but human looking Mammy.

"Mammy..? Jesus Christ Mam, what happened?" Will groggily asked whilst trying not to slosh his words around. He had never fainted so he realised how similar secret underage hangover felt like. With the chiming clock in the background signaling 9am, Will finally sat up properly and attempted to give his Mam a serious "I am communicating with you in a professional manner" stare glare.

"Oh Will, love...you better relax a bi-

"I am relaxed."

"...right, well..." Mammy eagerly looked around as if she was distracted, or trying to find a distraction, even with dust.

Will couldn't even believe what he was in right now.

Sure.

A hallucination of a bear was fine, he had the excuse of exam stress and sleep deprivation. Any sleep walking or fantasy-like objects appearing in reality would be the norm for this!

But, it was real.

In his bones, he could feel the reality of this bizarre scenario. With Mammy still fiddling with her fingers by his bedside, he decided to mutter one word to ease the tension:

"Harrison?"

Mammy's head sprung up and gleefully chirped up. "Oh! The cute thing! He...well he passed out too funnily enough! Thank God I can speak for England. We both pushed it under exam stress and that the 'scary bear' was a leonburger!"

"...so it was a bear-

"So he is safe at home, no memory whatsoever-

"Mammy!"

She abruptly fell out of her gleeful excuse parade.

"It. Was. A. Bear. YOU. Were a...a bear."

Catching her eye line without blinking, Will would not leave her sight till she even mouthed an answer.

With a heavy breathe. Mammy paced in front of Will.

Stopped;

Paced again;

Then stopped;

Then sighed and sat down next to his bedside.

"Will..." She started with exasperated breathe.

Slowly, her hand reached his, as if she were about to tell him the absolute worst news imaginable.

"I have so much to tell you. This would have been the conversation we would have had after school, but...seeing in these circumstances" she chuckled slightly-

"I guess it is better late than never."

Will said nothing. He patiently waited for her next breathe to express answers to the million questions running through his mind.

"The amount of questions you must have...Will I used-"

The bedroom door was thrown open with a loud bang. A big eyed, awkward looking man stood between both rooms, holding a cup and a book in both hands.