List of characters

Gaby—a graphic designer of some talent and a woman who staked her future on moving to a small village in Scotland.

Jack—Gaby's very recent husband. Mean, moody, magnificent. Also bears a striking resemblance to Jamie Fraser/the actor Sam Heughan. The actor's much better looking and younger brother, as Gaby might tell you.

Mildred—their fabulous, and fabulously spoiled cat.

Ashley—owner of the Lochside Welcome in Lochalshie, where you will find one of the world's most Instagrammable toilets, and a man desperate for business.

Caitlin Cartier—a 'self-made' reality TV star who achieved billionaire status at the age of 21, thanks to the beauty company she set up. Some of you might think she is based on a real-life person. The author refers you to the front of her book where she tells you everything in this book is fiction and any resemblance to real-life characters coincidental. Entirely. Especially any bits that might be read as libellous.

Dr McLatchie aka Caroline aka Psychic Josie—Jack's mum, a GP who has embraced a side hustle as a psychic, the side hustle she freely admits is a complete fraud.

Mhari—a 'friend' of Gaby's and to date the nosiest woman in the world. Complicated love life, see below asterix one and two.

Hyun-Ki*—a hyper-talented South Korean graphic designer. Loves cats. Dates Mhari the hyper-modern way by conducting all communication via the medium of mobiles and exchanging Tik Tok lip syncing tips.

Xavier—a French Canadian. Definitely oui-oui.

Katya—Gaby's best friend, a freelance writer, Pilates aficionado and talker of much sense.

Dexter—her boyfriend, an American too fond of hyperbole and long working hours.

Jolene—a New Zealander expat and new mum with weird taste in boyfriends.

Stewart—boyfriend of the above. Worshipper of all things porridge. If boring people ever becomes an Olympic sport, Stewart will take gold.

Tamar—their adorable child.

Zac—posh, blonde. Unspeakable according to Gaby.

Tindra—posh, blonde. Mummy and daddy wangled her an internship and bunged her money, so she didn't need to worry about trivialities such as getting paid.

Lachlan**—an on-off boyfriend of Mhari. Upon reflection, he prefers the 'off' status.

Laney Haggerty—just always in these books, okay?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello and welcome! Hopefully, I am saying hello again to people who have already read my other Highland books but if you are new here, you do not have to have read the previous books to be able to read and understand this one. 

The books before this one are Highland Fling, Highland Heart (not on Wattpad, soz!), Highland Wedding, Starlight (a short story), Highland Christmas (another short) and you can also read about other characters in The Start of Something Beautiful, The Night We First Met, The Magic of Baking and Mhari's New Boyfriend.

One of my readers suggested I add a Canadian character to the next book in the series and you'll see from the list above, I took her advice. If you are reading this, dear reader, I'm so sorry I can't mention you by name. I've searched and searched for the comment but cannot find it. But I am very grateful for the suggestion and I hope you like what I've done with Xavier.