I. A Dream

"That necklace!" The woman exclaimed as she points to the necklace on Mew's neck. "The person who will have that necklace is the one destined for you." The woman smiled as she goes back to scan her crystal ball.

Mew tried to ask the woman how will that be possible if he is the one wearing it and the necklace is a gift from a friend, so he cannot just give it to anyone. But everything got blurred...and he began hearing the sound of his alarm.

Mew slowly opened his eyes as he expects his room to be very bright by now. He is sure that Apple already went to his room to open the curtains. She loves doing that.

Mew fixed his bed, took a shower and went down to the dinning area. Apple was already cleaning the table when he got down.

"Awww, there's no breakfast for me?" He asked Apple. He tried to sound a little bit sad and cute but it didn't work.

"Breakfast? Maybe you mean lunch." Apple went up to the kitchen and got Mew the lunch she prepared.

Apple cooked some savory meal Mew cannot recognize. He ate it anyways, he's hungry, who is he to complain.

"Apple, did we ever go to a fortune teller when we were at the university?" Mew suddenly asked Apple who is currently eating the dessert she made.

"Can't remember." She replied without looking at Mew. Mew frowned. "What's the matter?" Apple asked as if she saw Mew's expression.

"I had a dream. A fortune teller told me that whoever will have the necklace I'm wearing will be the one destined for me. I'm pretty sure it's at the university, I was wearing our uniform." Mew saw Apple raised an eyebrow before she faced him. Mew tried to read Apple's expression but he failed, Apple is not that easy to read, after all.

"How about the necklace? Is it something you own?" Apple asked after thinking for a while.

"Well, it's the necklace you gave me on the first day of our second year at the university. Which is weird. If it's mine, and it's a gift from you, why would I give it to anyone, right?" Mew began to try connecting any dots he could think of but still, the dream doesn't make sense.

"It must mean something, even if it did not happen in real life. Let me check on that later." Apple assured Mew.

Mew is always thankful and greatful for having Apple by his side. She has seen everything, yet she remained by his side.

"Wait, where is everyone?" Mew asked after noticing that the people in his house are not in their usual spots at that hour.

"Everyone went out. You better too." Apple said as she collects the dishes to wash.

"What should I do? It's my rest day today." Mew complained.

"It's Ohm's birthday. Fluke planned a surprise birthday party for him. And you are tasked to get the cake." Apple informed him.

"Ohhhh, so the youngest couple" Mew sounded excited. He is indeed excited. Seeing how Ohm and Fluke developed into a couple, and how they are keeping up with their relationship despite their busy schedules. "But where is the venue? And where do I get the cake?"

"The restaurant." Apple said it in as-a-matter-of-fact tone but Mew did not get it. "Mew, the restaurant." Apple stressed so much on 'the restaurant' it hit a bell on Mew's brain.

"Oh, the restaurant. Why there?" Mew blurted out. He is in fact shocked to hear about it.

"Earth was the one who suggested it to Fluke. If I'm not mistaken, Earth and Kao had a date there before." Apple explained. Mew did not hear it as he was already lost in his own thoughts about the restaurant.