Blush

"Fluke, can you go to P'Tawan's shop and follow up on our request?" P'Apple asked me while we're having breakfast. It's just the two of us. Manager is still sleeping, he just arrived from a meeting an hour ago. P'Kao is on duty.

"Sure, Phi," I smiled at her and she smiled back.

It has been six months since I started living with them. I really like it here. The coffee shop where I work is just below the house where we stay. We all have our own room, and we also have a mini library and an activity room. Each of us have our own chore, we have to do it despite whatever things we have to do at work or in school.

I really like it. I have the freedom, and I feel like a real adult. Working at the shop and studying at the same time makes me feel adult enough. But of course, I am still young to know about life.

"Fluke," It's P'Apple again. I looked at her. "Ask P'Tawan to send some samples, okay?" She made an okay sign with her fingers.

"Yes, Phi," I gladly responded.

P'Apple is giving me the task to talk to P'Tawan, her friend who owns a bakeshop two blocks away from the shop. According to P'Mew, P'Apple has been convincing P'Tawan to supply us with some of his creations but P'Tawan has been refusing because he is not confident enough. P'Apple hasn't given up tho, here I am, walking to P'Tawan's "Neww Sweets".

The shop is not that big, but the interior makes it look bigger with the proper usage of mirrors. The shop has a modern interior, but the smell of bread and pastries brings you back to the distant past that you cannot even remember.

P'Tawan greeted me as I enter the shop.

"Apple hasn't surrendered?" He asked me. He's smiling. This Phi has something in his smile. It makes you want to smile as well.

I smiled and nodded. "Yes, Phi. Soooo," I looked at him, trying to figure out what his decision is.

"Okay, okay." I was surprised and well, super happy because it is something that P'Apple has been working on for a while.

Without realizing it, I took P'Tawan's hands and shook them with mine, while I was slightly jumping out of happiness. Phi was just laughing, maybe laughing at me? Or himself. I do not know.

"Yah, Nong, calm down." He said calmly while smiling. I let go of his hand. He handed out his right hand.

"Partners?" He asked me.

I took his hand and said, "Partners." We both smiled at each other.

"Okay. Since you are already here, you can get some for you and your friends."

"Really, Phi?" Ohhhh I am so excited because I have been wanting to taste some of their products but I never had the time to drop by becaue I have been busy and it is out of my way to school.

"Yes. Just pick whatever you like and give them to that man at the counter to pack for you." P'Tawan pointed at a tall guy, manning the counter. From a far, he looks kinda serious, and stiff? I don't feel anything bubbly or colorful in his personality. Seems like he's the type of guy I usually read from  a manga, the ICE PRINCE.

When I finished picking the pastries and bread, I went to the counter.

"Phi" I called him. I wasn't looking at him because I was busy ensuring I got enough for us in the coffee shop. "These are all the pastries and bread I'm taking."

I heard P'Tawan laugh. "Seems like Ohm found a new nong" P'Tawan suddenly appeared behind the man at the counter. The guy didn't budge. He just continue packing the pastries and bread.

I looked at the guy, and at the same time, he looked at me.

My heart. It suddenly starts beating. Fluke, beating faster! Your heart is always beating, okay?

Am I palpitating? Did I drink too much coffee again?

I smiled. His expression didn't change.

My heart keeps on beating faster. Oh my gosh!

"Fluke," I heard P'Tawan said.

I was so startled, I shouted at him with "Yes Phi?!"

P'Tawan came closer and touched my forehead. Then he goes on to touch my cheeks. I gave him a weird look I guess, he was chuckling.

"Nong, I thought you suddenly caught a fever, but it seems like you caught something else," he smirked. "Anyways, say hi to Apple for me, okay?"

I nodded. "Yes, Phi."

The guy finished packing the food, I took them and said my thanks and goodbye to P'Tawan.

But before I open the door,

"Fluke, by the way," I heard Phi said, so I turn around to face him. Maybe he has something important to say.

I saw him put his arm around the counter guy's shoulder.

"This," he said while patting the counter guy's shoulder, "is Ohm. He is your junior. Please take care of him, okay?"

P'Tawan, then, laughed. Maybe I made another stupid expression.

"I know you will take care of him," then he winked at me.

I just smiled. I tried to pay attention to other things but my eyes just met the eyes of the counter guy. I mean Ohm.

His eyes, they're not happy nor sad. They're...twinkling??? I immediately said goodbye and left.

Walking towards the coffee shop, I can feel my heart is still beating fast. My mind keeps on repeating what happened. My eyes, ugh, as if they're still looking into those black, emotionless yet twinkling eyes of that man at the counter. Really? They're twinkling, Fluke?

I stopped walking. Touched my cheeks. I felt it. It's warmer than usual. Gosh. I'm blushing!

Oyyyyy. Was I blushing the whole time????