Chapter 108: The New Conflict (EP. 01)

Start from the beginning

"Arrest this traitor, at once!" Aiden demanded, pushing and shoving the former councilman to the buff captain's arms. Garrett yelped in surprise once Lars grabbed both of his wrists and cuffed them without a struggle.

Murmurs of direct anger left each councilman's mouths, the tension in the air literally getting colder while the King of Arendelle drew circles on his wife's back worriedly. She kept her head buried between her restless arms, tear drops visible beneath her chin.

Aiden petted her hair assuringly, whispering weakly, "It'll be fine. We can handle this."

Her head bolted upright in an instant right after hearing her husband's words. Disbelief was written across her gorgeous features while her cheeks were inflamed, "Why is it that everything to you is fine?!"

Aiden backed away in surprise, shuddering breaths escaping his lips as he witnessed his wife's sudden intrusion of distress.

Tears were running down her cheeks as she spoke quietly, "Please, just... Leave me alone for a while. I have to think all of this through."

As he did his best to keep his misty eyes away from hers, he replied an 'okay' lowly before moving further away, exiting the court room and determined to get to the garden for some fresh air.

Kai approached the quivering monarch slowly, bowing his head curtly as of service. The councilmen put an end to their little discussion and sat once again to pay attention to their queen's first step towards the solution.

"G-gentlemen," She tried her best to conceal her whimpers, "Worry not about the safety of our kingdom. I have found one solution that can keep the kingdom away from the war that will have to be dealt with at sea."

The councilmen whispered to each other once the last two words left the ice queen's tongue.

"Our defense will have to partake with countless roles of ice, which I am more than capable of producing," She spoke carefully, her watery blue eyes not directly making a connection to the rest.

"Until then, Lieutenant Matthias and Captain Lars will train our finest soldiers for the incoming war. Kai, please tell General Magoo and Admiral Arvid to prepare the battle ships. And announce what has been done by the traitor and ensure to reduce my subjects' panic, for I am coming for our defensive aid."

Kai sincerely nodded and excused himself, clearing his throat while he departed from the room in contained dismay towards the former councilman's act of treachery.

"Your majesty, shall we send a letter to King Frederic and King Nathan?" Count Peter referred, keeping himself calm as possible.

Elsa tended to her trembling hands as she slowly nodded.

"By all means, we have to."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"She's been in that little corner for an hour now. Should we um?" Helena worriedly turned to the ginger head in concern, the usually bubbly princess shaking her head in disapproval, "Let me talk to her. Everything's a mess because of that wretched son of a-"

"Anna," Kristoff hissed seriously underneath his breath, "Not the time."

"What has that traitor done? Arendelle got into this mess because of us just trying to avoid dirty business? What's wrong with him?" Iduna helplessly sniveled, Agnarr trying to ease his wife with his embrace.

Admiral Arvid, Magoo, Aiden, Lieutenant Matthias, and Captain Lars silently discussed nearby, the lieutenant settling a map on the round table before scattering tiny little metal ships across the entire fjord sketch on the map.

Aiden's eyes wandered off to his wife's curled up bawling figure, but he looked away and tried to concentrate on the main situation in between.

Matthias turned to the fire king in concern, before shaking his head wistfully.

"Elsa," Anna whispered, kneeling beside her sister in comfort, "Are you.. Are you alright down there?"

A sniffle could be heard before a muffled 'no' made Anna grow more uneasy. She glanced at her blond husband for help before shaking in realization.

All men, privileged or not, must partake in wars.

Beads of tears formed at the corner of her turquoise blue eyes, her hand going up to her opening mouth in shock. She rested her head against her sister's shoulder before crying herself, Kristoff utterly speechless at her actions.

To be continued on the next chapter...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N: Oh-oh. Looks like Weselton's gone mad. Again.

A new conflict rises by the kingdom of Arendelle after the country of Weselton declares war caused by former councilman Garrett because of Elsa and Aiden's refusal to exchange trade routes, because the selfish duke's dirty offers are truly part of his malicious scheme to exploit Arendelle's riches.

What will be Elsa's solution to shield the kingdom from the harms of war by the sea?

Aiden and Elsa finally had their first fight- well, more like a small one but the first one always counts.

Will Nathan (Aiden's cousin, the current King of the Northern Isles) and King Frederic (Rapunzel's father) come for Arendelle's aid?

Kristoff, Aiden, and Agnarr will be involved in the war, but don't worry folks, I won't hurt our precious Arendellian men along the way. Protagonists does not die in my account.

It was thrilling to write this, honestly.

See you in the next chapter!