Chapter 108: The New Conflict (EP. 01)

"Your Majesties! What are we going to do?!"

"Arendelle has never experienced war before!"

"King Aiden, Queen Elsa, war has fallen upon Arendelle! I told you, this is the punishment of our refusal to their offers! If we don't open our trade routes to Weselton's sea vessels, countless of lives will die!"

"How many times do I have to tell you all, gentlemen?! The soldiers and crews from Weselton's motives to enter our country are as dirty as their Duke's!" Elsa boomed angrily, slamming her fist down on the round oak table in irritation.

Patterns of frost crawled to the dark wood menacingly, the councilmen averting their hands from the table in fear, except for one certain man who refused to take in his queen's words.

Sir Garrett shot his superior an icy glare, "How do you know that his motives are far from his genuine generosity, my queen? You just got us involved in this disaster if it wasn't for your... Your monstrous witchery!"

Aiden sneered at the lowly middle aged man furiously, "I'll have you know who you're talking to, Sir Garrett! With all due respect, you have no right to call my wife a monster!"

"This is an outrage! Arendelle doesn't even have a proper military army!" Garrett yelled, standing up from his own designated seat.

"We are trade partners with Corona and the Northern Isles," Aiden challenged, fire set ablaze in his glowing eyes, "I am more than capable to ask my cousin's aid."

"So what kind of kingdom are we now, your majesty?! We will not bring shame upon the name of our country because of another taking pity on us!"

"ENOUGH!"

All men stopped their rants to turn to the only woman in the room, Aiden slightly startled at his beloved wife's outburst. Elsa quickly stood up from her cushioned seat, blizzards and ice bergs readable in her striking blue eyes.

"You childish little fools!" The Queen of Arendelle seethed, "How dare you doubt my husband and I's capabilities to protect our kingdom! We had enough of you all blabbering unnecessary complaints and words of cowardice!"

She inhaled and exhaled heavily, her chest rising and falling between breathy pants from her loud yell.

Beads of sweat trickled down her forehead as she managed to seeth at the lone arrogant councilman, "Your insult does not affect me, Garrett. It is quite obvious that you're the traitor among all of us."

"How dare you assume I pick sides!" Garrett responded in disbelief and mostly panic. The Queen was undeniably intelligent, she can read his tactics like an open book.

"You think your little act can be bought by me? I know you all too well, sir Garrett. It was only my mistake to not have taken a swift action sooner," Elsa recalled icily, "Lieutenant Matthias overheard your conversation with Weselton's most loyal admiral. He only found the chance to tell me about it earlier."

Garrett was at loss for words.

Everyone except Aiden and Elsa gasped in anger.

"YOU TREACHEROUS LITTLE COCKROACH!" Count Peter accused, dashing over to the shivering Garrett with merciless eyes. Aiden ran forward to pull back the mad count before he can throw a murderous punch towards the traitor, Elsa sighing in disdain while rubbing her forehead in distress.

"Don't do it, Count. He deserves something more than that," Aiden growled, before barking, "GUARDS!"

Captain Lars arrived instead, burning fury compromised in his tense figure.