Calypso's POV

Calypso's POV

After Rachel did her Oracle thing, we were all ordered to use the buddy system. Naturally, I went with Leo.

"So I was thinking," Leo began, kicking a random pebble. I flinched. That was not something you wanted to hear from your boyfriend.

"Yeah? About what?" I asked curtly.

"After this. I wanted to return to the Waystation. And...wondered if you wanted to come with me." He suddenly found the ground fascinating.

"I...I would like that," I admitted.

"Cool." We basked in awkward silence for a few minutes.

"Nice strawberries," Leo noted. We had reached the edge of the strawberry fields by now.

"Really?" I laughed. "Yes, let's have a rousing conversation about strawberries."

"Well when you put it like that, it ruins my vibe," he chuckled.

"Idiot," I muttered.

"So, what-" Leo began before being cut off by a cloth being pushed over his nose.

I screamed, only moments before I received the same treatment. I kicked and thrashed against my captor's grip, but they didn't relent.

With one final burst of energy, I elbowed the back-cloaked figure in the ribs. They gasped and released their hold.

But the damage was already done. I laid sideways in the grass, my only view of strawberry bushes. White spots pricked the edge of my vision before completely turning black.