Piper's POV

Piper's POV

We were dead. The council immediately hated us the second we walked into the the room. They sat perched on twelve chairs that looked uncomfortable, their clothes screaming 'important.'

Annabeth noticed this too, snapped her fingers, put her hands on her hips, and asked, "Is there a problem?"

Next to her, Percy muttered, "I'm rubbing off on her. Perassy has a sidekick!"

*Time skip because Dr. Strange was bored and I don't feel like writing about this right now*

After a long boring speech about how we were breaking about a gazillion laws, a tremor ran through the building. I may or may not have muttered a few colorful words under my breath.

"Run!" Annabeth yelled as a couple hundred monsters and about ten figures in black cloaks burst into the hall.

"How did we not hear them coming?" Annabeth asked while stabbing a dracaena.

"My Peter tingle didn't warn us!" I replied sarcastically.

I saw Percy and Jason behind the rest of us creating a storm.

BOOM! I went weightless then gravity took hold.

A sharp pain flared up my abdomen. I struggled to stand, but managed and spit dust and rocks out of my mouth.

"We've been waiting for you," a voice hissed. Empusa. We had fought them in the Necromantion and I still had nightmares about them. Their fiery hair burned brighter, as if sensing my discomfort.

"Why don't you take a nice long jump into that chasm," I retorted, pointing to a crack in the marble floor. Surprisingly, one of them listened. One down, nine to go.

"You fool!" one that looked familiar wailed. Annabeth and Percy noticed it too. Kelli. She was an empusa they had encountered in Tartarus.

I had to do something before one of them had a panic attack.

I glanced around and saw nothing of use. All seemed lost until--

Fwomp! "FESTUS?" I yelled at Leo, who had just picked up the empusa and dropped them from 50 feet up. Goodbye to them. I had flashbacks to when Leo did the same thing when Gaea attacked Camp-Half Blood.

"The one and only!"

"How?!" He didn't have a chance to respond because a harpie dive-bombed him.

I let Leo have this secret until after the battle. A few minutes and a lot of yellow dust later, the remaining monsters were defeated.

The seven, Will, Nico, and Reyna(when did she get here?) ran up to Leo.

We bombarded him with questions about how he snuck a bronze dragon into the Lost Cities. Behind us, someone cleared their throat.

"Sorry," I mumbled to Sophie.

"It's okay. I understand why you would want to know. I do too, for that matter. But we have more pressing problems to attend to."

"Like what?"

"We captured Vespera, a member of the Neverseen."