Chapter 12

Previously:

"I'm home."

The raven whispered to himself and descends towards the kingdom, a slight skip in his step and a smile on his face. Not knowing of the surprise that is in store for him on the other side.

Now:

Percy's steps get slower and slower as he gets closer and closer towards the the front door. He feels that something bad is stirring in the back of his head, warning him of the gloom and doom that awaits him. By the time he reaches the entrance it has gone dark and the 16 year old really wished he brought his shirt at least, goosebumps appearing on his skin. His injury on his foot has opened again when he fell over earlier, now a trail of blood follows him as he limps. The cut on his arm has dried up now but is now turning into a sickly green colour, Percy is not so fond of that type of green.

His green eyes widened as he stops abruptly, taking in the horrific scene in front of him. Guards stand at the door, ready to take on any enemies but it seems it was futile because of the sprouting spears that was thrown with deadly accuracy through the chest and into the stone wall. It cracked the armour, splitting it like a firework smack bang on the symbol of the kingdom. Their bodies have decayed for what seemed like many years, the skeleton could be seen underneath the helmet with their teeth grinning at you.

Percy turning green at the sight looks at the other solder, the same fate but their arms are bent at odd angles along with his legs and neck.  A large dent in the wall above the damaged skeleton explains their cause of death. The 16 year old looks between them multiple of times before limping through the open gate doors, shame and guilt eating him alive. Tears start to form in his eyes as he takes in the devastation before him.

What was probably a beautiful and progressive kingdom has turned to desolation. Geysers sprout from the floor and flies into the air but it doesn't flood at all, a large, majestic looking rug made of of the finest blue and gold wool leads to a set of marble stairs. The slave walks up to the stairs, making sure not to step on the material because he was afraid to dirty it further. As he gets closer he notices pure gold etched into the ground before the stairs, a symbol of Atlantis clear as the stars in the sky.

The green eyed boy looks up at the source of light coming from the dome of glass. It has the most amazing architecture feel to it, the light seemingly only to show the symbol. It looks like it would never move from the spot. Percy shakes his head, keeping his eyes down as he begins to walk up the stairs. His bare feet stop just in front of the throne surrounded by a large ball of swirling water. The throne itself although modest is no less remarkable. A simple marble chair with linings of gold and silver. Above the head you could see the Anura symbol etched into the throne. A chair fit for a leader, not a king.

Percy looks slightly behind the ball of water and sees a bony hand poking out into view. He doesn't move. Even though the raven walked by all the bodies and blood coating the walls and floor he could not seem to make himself see one more, but his feet move involuntarily around the throne. A choked sob comes up his throat as he sees the horrible fate of the Alpha.

A weapon longer than a spear protrudes from their neck in a form of a trident, arms chained above their head. The skeleton body wears another set of armour although this one looks a bit finer than the others, but axe holes were imbedded in the metal. But the worst was the brand in their forehead, burned long enough to mark his skull and burn. A symbol he is all too familiar with.

The mark of Kronos.