After the short but heated argument, it didn't take me long to storm out of Ace's room and fling myself onto the bed in my assigned room. I knew I was throwing an useless tantrum because no one was there to see me anyway...but wasn't that the reason I was throwing the tantrum in the first place?

As angry as I was with Ace, a small, immature and unrealistic part of me that still craved love and attention wanted him to come after me, watch me ugly sob into the bedsheets, patiently endure through all the sniffing and then finally, when I calmed down, hug me and tell me that it was okay...that I wasn't wrong for simply being curious and that he had misunderstood me.

But nothing of that sort happened. Neither did Ace follow me into the room to try and console me, nor did I break into an ugly fit of sobs because honestly, I was already so ashamed of myself for crying over every little thing that I couldn't bring myself to cry over an insufferably i sensitive idiot like him. Ever since he'd come in my life, all I had gotten into was trouble and whatever his deal was, I wasn't about to let myself cry over yet another jerk.

I sniffled softly, trying to calm down but jumped in surprise as the only answer my half-complete tantrum recieved was a slam of Ace's door and then...complete silence.

Grimacing, I slid off the bed.

What a sour-tempered fool.

I figured that since he'd so kindly slammed the door to his bedroom shut, I had no choice but to
endure a bone-chilling five minutes in my room's shower and moodily stalked up to the bathroom, cursing him and his stuck-up ass to the best of my abilities.

After showering, I plucked the first dress I saw hanging in the small closet and slipped it on, not caring if it didn't fit...only to regret my decision when it did. The last thing I had expected was for someone else's dress-that was also a couple sizes too small for my comfort-to look this good on me and despite not entirely liking the way it considerably enhanced all of my assets, I couldn't bother to take it off.

Slipping on my shoes, I checked my phone again for a signal but no such luck. Sighing, I decided to leave it behind and go exploring around the place for a bit. Maybe, I could also find a clue as to what exactly was going on and why we were hiding here.

Tiptoeing to the door, I slipped out trying to make as little sound as possible and then, waited for the door to silently click shut behind me before going any further because if Ace got a whiff of what I was upto—that I planned to go sniffing about his little hideout, it wouldn't end well for me. Considering how angry he'd gotten over an innocent question that I'd solely posed out of curiosity, I wouldn't be surprised if he secretly murdered me and then got rid of my body all by himself, if he knew that I was snooping around deliberately.

Crossing my fingers, I prayed that I wouldn't stumble over the seventh step and silently jumped over it, breaking into a run as soon as I was out of earshot.

Circling our little hideout didn't yield much, save for unbearable cramps in my legs. After a vain, hour long search amongst the prickly sharp grass, I was starting to sweat profusely.

"That's not a very appropriate attire for poking about, don't you think?"

I whirled around to find Ace standing against one of the corners of the house, his hands pushed deep into the pockets of his fitted jeans. With a half-tucked, white oversized shirt resting on his lean torso and dark combat boots on his feet, he looked every bit the model than a wanted criminal on run.

"How long have you been standing there?" I frowned, slowly rounding my way back towards him.

"Enough to get a good look at your ass when you were bending over, searching for god knows what in this half-dried up grass." He chuckled. Even though he had just commented upon my ass, his tone didn't sound sexual in the least and I couldn't decide if I was supposed to feel relieved or offended.