Chapter 25: ITS ALL FADING TO BLACK

(Mimi's Pov)

"Are you done yet?" i ask her.

"Yeah?" she says and i open the door. She pulls up her shorts.

"10 minutes and it will be ready. Let's go eat." i say and we go into the kitchen. 

"I made chicken nuggets!" Missy says. "And Mae, me and Vante have to talk to you.

(Mae's Pov)

Missy leads me to the empty living room. Vante sits down next to Missy.

"We have some good news." Missy says. "Do want to tell her?" She asks Vante.

"Mae, uh, the social worker is coming over tomorrow.Uh, and if it's okay with you...... We would like, i mean love to be you permanent legal guardians." Vante says.

"Like adopt me?" i ask.

"Yes."

"If it's okay with you." Vante adds again.

"Yeah. That'd be— wow, that'd be amazing." i stand up and hug them. "Mae Givens." i say. "I like it. A lot."

"Okay, okay, let's go eat." Missy— i mean Mom— nope that's weird— says and we go into the kitchen.

My phone rings.

Seh 🥴🥰 is calling....

deny

"Mae. We gotta go." Mimi says and the nervousness sets in.

I don't want his baby.

Not now.

I nod and we walk into Jahmont's bedroom. my hand shakes as i open the bathroom door. i pick up the pregnancy test. One line. Negative.

"It's negative." i smile. "It's negative!" i look at Mimi and she laughs, hugging me.

Seh 🥴🥰 is calling....

deny

•~•

*the next day*

"Mae!" X calls. I turn around. "Look. I was acting like a bitch. I'm sorry."

"Cool." i turn around. "You look like shit, by the way."

"Yeah." He simply says.

*lunch bc all the classes are boring and i'm not telling also bc i wasn't paying attention*

"Ayyyeeeee." Ski says as he sits down.

"Waterrrrr." i toss him a bottle of water.

"Sauce!" Mimi exclaims as she hands him the hot sauce.

"Here." i hand him a cupcake. "Happy birthday Stokeley Pokeley!" 

"Aw. Thank you." he smiles.

"I have something else for you, but i haven't finished drawing it yet." i say and he smiles wider.

"We love you STOKELEY!" Mimi yells.

"Loud ass, be quiet. And thank you, Mimi." he says. Jahseh sits down next him.

"Fuck Stokeley birthday, he likes penis." Jahseh smirks.

"Only yours Daddy." Stokeley moans at the end.

"I'm uncomfortable." Mimi says and jahmont and Billie sit down next to her.

"Mae." Jahmont says.

"Elijah."

"We need to talk."

"About?"

"What i found in the bathroom trash." Jahmont says.

"Jahmont, stupid ass boi, when it's that time of the month—" Stokeley starts.

"No, no. it wasn't anything like that." Jahmont says.

"Now is not the time." i say. "It doesn't matter anyway."

"Why not?" jahmont asks.

"You saw it, you know why."

"The fact that you even bought one is blowing my mind."

"Shut up." i say.

"What was it?" Jahseh asks.

"Don't fucking worry about it." i snap. "It's none of your business."

"Mae—" jahseh starts.

"Actually it is his business."

"Elijah Montreal. It's not your business. Stay out of it before i slap the fuck outta you." i say.

"Mae's pregnant."

"It was negative, asshole!" i slap Jahmont hard as fuck.

"Mae. We need to talk."  Jahseh says.

*in the hallway*

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"What do you want, Jahseh?"

"You." He says sadly. "I was wrong, you didn't do anything wrong. You were just trying to be there for me. That's my kid and i'm sorry i took my fear and anger out on you. It wasn't fair."

"I know." i say simply.

"I love you Mae. Truly." he says and my heart drops.

"Uh...."

"Do you love me?" he asks.

"I— love you, Jahseh." i blush and he breaks out in a smile.  He hugs me. I hesitantly hug him back.

•••••

perfect way to end a book