Chapter 21: Everyone Dies In Their Nightmares

Listen to Everyone Dies In Their Nightmares

Mae's POV:
*At Jahseh's house*

"She said my nut taste honey no cheerio—" Ski says.

"Shut the fuck up." Jahseh snaps.

"You're fucking rude." I say.

"Never said no shit about bein nice." He replies.

"Jah, you're a soft ass boi, and you know it." Mimi crosses her arms.

Billie glances at Mimi, slightly smiling. She glances at me and rolls her eyes again, scowling.

"Mae, you hungry? We saw that bitch take yo lunch." Ski asks and I shake my head.

"Yes, she is." X says. He gets off of the couch and walks into the kitchen.

"I'm really not." I say to Ski and he shrugs.

ding

My phone goes off.

Natalie 🤩😝: Luke is over at our house. He was looking for you.

Me: tell him to fuck off

Natalie 🤩😝: I did. He won't leave. Where are you?

Me: at a friend's house. Tell him that.

Natalie 🤩😝: okay

"Who was that?" Jah comes back in with and sandwich and I shake my head.

"My sister. Lucas is at our house, looking for me." I look at my lap.

"Tell him to fuck off." he shrugs.

"I said that." I say.

"Fucking hate that bitch!" Mimi scowls.

"Everyone does." Billie growls and I nod in agreement.

Lucas 💔😤: babe

Me: don't call me that, but what?

Lucas 💔😤: I'll call you whatever I want and where are you

Me: no tf u won't and at a friend's house

Lucas 💔😤: yes tf I will and who's? Amirah's?

Me: bruh no leave me alone

Lucas 💔😤: tell me. so help me God...

Me: what r u going to do? Hit me?

Lucas 💔😤: trust me, I'll do way worse

Me: like what?

Lucas 💔😤 is calling......

Me: don't call me.

Lucas 💔😤: answer. I'm sorry baby. Please answer.

Lucas 💔😤 is calling......

Me: please stop.

Lucas 💔😤: Mae please. I'm sorry. Answer me, you know I can't stand it when you are upset with me.

Lucas 💔😤 is calling....

"..."

"Mae." he sighs. "You answered."

Jahseh scrunches his eyebrows at me. I hold up a finger at him.

"Hey Luke." I say with a fake happy tone.

"You answered." he repeats.

"Yep. I know how you can't stand it when I'm upset with you." I repeat his text.

"I really can't, babe." he says. "Where are you?" he asks softly.

"I can't tell you, Luke. You know this."

"Please. You know I love you, baby."

'On speaker.' Jah mouthes.

I nod and I click on the speaker button.

"You love me?" I say. Bullshit.

"Of course I love you, baby. I know I've done wrong. Hell, I don't blame you or your friends for hating me. I wanna change. I wanna apologize. I'm so sorry." I hear him start to cry and I look up to see everyone shaking their head. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for making you wanna die. I'm sorry for making threats. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Luke, I—" my voice breaks.

"I'm asking for another chance. I promise, it will be different this time."

"I-i don't know what to say. Can I think about it, for awhile?" I ask.

"Of course, take the time you need. I'll wait, Mae. Anything for you." he says sincerely.

"Thank you." I look at Mimi and she rolls her eyes.

"Goodbye, Mae. I love you."

"Bye Luke." I hang up.

"You better not take him back again." Jah says harshly.

"Excuse me?" I say.

"You heard. He's no fucking good. Not for you. Not for anyone. He's a fucking monster. He should be locked away." Jah growls.

"Watch who the hell you're talking to." I snap and stand up. "You know what, I don't need to be here."

"Why the hell are you protecting him? Are you fucking insane?! He raped you! He choked you! He fucking hit you! He left you! That's not love, Mae. That's abuse!" Jahseh yells.

"Fuck you! Fuck you, X! You don't even know the half of it! I told you, he was there for me before Mimi was, before he was even my boyfriend! He loves me. I know he does." I yell back and start walking to the door and he grabs my arm.

"I'm just trying to help, Mae. He doesn't fucking love you. He really doesn't. He's just playing with you." Jah whispers in my ear. I pull my arm away and I grab the sandwich off of the little end table thing, take off the top slice of bread, revealing a PB&J, and smash both of the sandwich on his perfect ass face.

"Help yourself, Jah. Last time I checked, you aren't my fucking dad or my brother or my fucking boyfriend. So stop trying to protect me." I say and walk out. I walk into the street. Tears flood my eyes.

Jah makes me angry.

ding.

Natalie🤩😝: you and luke fucked?! Why didn't you tell me!! fucking fucker fucking fucked my fucking sister! Fuck! Lmaoo

I drop my phone. I hurry to pick it back up and quickly walk to the place I know greatly.

My bridge.

•°•°•°•°

What's your favorite X song?

Why do I wanna yeet myself off a bridge also?

Yoink

Okay

Sorry

Bye

Bye you whores 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♂️