Chapter 6: Floor 555

Listen to Floor 555

"What the hell?" Billie yells. Lucas quickly let me go. I kneel down to gasp for air. Tears stream down my face and glance at Billie. I quickly walked out of the bathroom, still gasping for air. I slipped the hoodie from around my waist and over my head to try to cover the hand marks around my neck.

I got a quick drink at the water fountain.

"Mae?" I hear a guy say.

I look up and see Jahseh. "I-i thought you were s-suspended." I say, the tears still flowing hard down my face.

"No. Only detention. For a semester." he says quietly, looking at his feet.

"I didn't s-see you in first hour." I state.

"I slept in." he says, glancing up at me.

"Oh." I look down, letting the tears drip down on my shoes.

"Why are you crying?" he asks, softly.

"Nothing." I sniffle, wiping the tears away quickly.

I start to walk away and as I pass him, I hear him whisper,"You can trust me."

Can I?

Should I?

"Mae!" Billie yells down the hallway. I ignore her. "Mae!"

She runs up behind me and taps me.

"Please. D-don't tell." I beg her.

"I have to, Mae." she tells me.

"P-please. You h-hate me anyways. J-just leave it alone." I say coldly, not looking at her.

"I don't hate you. I can help you. Let me help you." she says, gripping my bad shoulder. I wince and she gasps. "This has happened before, hasn't it? He hurt you more than what I've seen, didn't he?"

"N-n-no, I just—" I sigh. "I just b-bumped into s-something this morning." I lie.

"I at least have to tell Mimi." she says.

"No!" I exclaim. "She and Luke already hate each other. She's gonna kill him."

"He deserves it." Billie says.

"No. He doesn't. No one deserves that. I'm not gonna inflict any pain on anyone because I know how it feels, Billie." I say, the whole time, threatening to stutter.

"Wow. He has you brainwashed." she says flatly. "He can do whatever he wants and you're not gonna do a single thing about it. You think you love him. He's got you trapped—"

"Shut up." I say.

"You're afraid that if you ever try to leave him—"

"You don't know anything. Shut up." I say again.

She doesn't know anything.

She can go to hell.

"Babe!" Luke yells from behind us.

"Hi." I look down at my shoes.

"I'm so sorry." He says sincerely. "I just got angry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. P-promise." I say.

"Good. So do you forgive me?" he lifts my chin with his hand and I flinch. Guilt fills his eyes and he puts his hand at his side.

"I n-need time t-to think. I'll tell y-you tomorrow." I say.

"I understand. I really am sorry. I love you." he says. Billie scoffs.

"What's going on?"

•°•°•

Yepp.

Lucas. You are just the person everyone hates. Irl and in the story.

Alright

Bye you whores 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♂️