I'm Sorry I smell bad... (Part One)

It's been a few days since I've heard anything from or even about Grian. He had sent me a message in the messaging system that connected our hobbit holes. And while I suppose he did tell me it's best not to disturb him, I can't help but worry. I stopped at my storage system for a moment to think "I'll just bring him some soup... I mean... I know he doesn't want me to bother him, but I mean it's a kind gesture! I'm sure he'll appreciate it nonetheless..." I said thinking out loud. Quickly rushing over my over storage system and grabbing the necessary items. I took off my equipment leaving only my elytra on as to be polite when visiting. I jumped, and pushed off into the distance heading toward Grian's base.

Bloody hell... I've been stuck in bed for days sweating and coughing. I've had to force the entirety of my being to get up and do any of the bare necessities. I shoved my body to slightly lean off the bed, looking down at the surrounding mess. I rummaged about rubbage and other items. I groaned only to realize that I had no food near me, even checking the chests near me. I sighed and laid back into my bed, my breath staggering, and becoming heavier. I sat up quickly, accidentally falling and sliding out of bed. I pulled my pillows down onto the floor, my eyelids becoming heavier, and finally given into the physical exhaustion. Hoping this whole thing would blow over soon...

I softly landed near Grian's front door, food in hand and adjusting my red tie. Why was I so nervous? I was just bringing soup for a sick friend. That's it! Yet I could still feel my face get warmer as I knocked on the door, waiting for a response. Nothing. I knocked again, still nothing... I hesitantly opened the door, "Uh Grian it's Mumbo, I thought I'd stop by to check up on you.." I said announcing my presence. I heard a groan coming from Grian's room. I walked over pushing open the door, and seeing a ghostly looking Grian laying on the floor grasping a pillow.

"Grian what're you doing on the floor mate?" I said as I walked over to him.
He rolled over looking at me, "oh hey Mumbo, I just kinda needed some sleep, and I don't know how I got here to be completely honest..."
"Well let's get you back into bed shall we?"
I said picking him up, and carrying him bridal style. He wrapped his arms around my neck, and my face going flush "I missed ya Mumbo, it's been foreveeeer since I've seen anybody" he said in a drawn and sarcastic tone, I chuckled. "So are you taking care of me now? Hmm?" He joked with a dopey grin, as I placed in on the bed. "Well it's best if you don't end up sleeping on the floor, so I'll be here to help if you need.." I said as I sat down next to him. Before I could even comprehend, he had pulled my red tie down, and we were face to face. My face going red, "perhaps you should check my temperature doc?" He teased as he put his head to mine. It's not as if I could tell anyway, with how hot my face is. He closed his eyes and flopped back on his bed. His laughs and giggles filling the air as he cuddled his pillow.
This man...

I embraced the warmth of the pillow, as Mumbo got up off the bed. My heart dropped a little when I felt the warmth of his body leave my bed. I snuggled into the bed further. I really had missed him, I mean I've missed all of the hermits, but Mumbo? He was a bit more special to me compared to the others. We had spent so much time together I've noticed small things, like when he thinks I'm not looking... I'll catch him staring. I smiled, with the thoughts of Mumbo in mind. Moments later I heard another knock at the door, I rolled to see Mumbo carrying some stew and bread on a platter. I pushed myself up in a struggle. He placed the food next to me, gently wrapping his hands around me, and helping me sit up properly. The feeling of his touch washed my body with comfort. He handed me the food, and stroked my head, "make sure you eat as much as you can. I'm gonna grab you some water" I nodded, as he got up again. I sighed with content and began to eat.

I left Grian's room sighing, "I can't handle this! I don't wanna stress him out.. I have to stay stone cold, and when he's better I can take it a bit easier" I whispered to myself. Finally retrieving a glass of water, and returning to his bedroom. His food was off to the side,
"is that all you can eat?" "Yeah I'm sorry I couldn't finish it, I just feel too yucky..." he started to pull himself out of the blanket. I shifted trying to allow him to get more comfortable, but instead he turned around and placed his head on my lap. My face began to flush and turn red, and my body tensed up. After a moment I listened to his soft breathing, as his small frame laid next to me. He seemed to have a slight shake to his body. My body loosened up, as I placed my hands against his hair. It was slightly greasy, but exceptionally soft. I stroked his delicate blonde locks, and any tension between us slipping away. I wish I could do this for him everyday, I'd love to be the one who holds him, caresses him, and tells him I love-...
"Mumbo?" I hear, and snap out of my daydream.
"Yes Grian?"
"...I smell really bad..."

995 words
A/N this is the first work I've written in a long time, feel free to comment what you think I'd be glad to know! ☺️