Chapter Seventy-Two

Songs for this chapter:
• Mine - Bazzi

Chapter Seventy-Two:

Bryce's POV

We didn't have sex last night.

After our heartbreaking, emotionally-draining conversation, it just wouldn't have felt right. Blossom couldn't seem to stop crying even when she began to calm down, and so I gave her a moment alone so I could organise the mess of clothes on the floor.

I scooped everything up into my arms and then headed straight into the closet. I dumped all my clothes in the laundry basket before hanging up Blossom's dress.

I then grabbed a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants before yanking a pair of boxers up my legs and heading back into the bedroom, where Blossom was still sitting in bed, curled up.

"These are for you. Let's just go to bed," I said, taking a seat on the bed beside her.

She looked up at me with those wide, hazel eyes of hers. "Okay."

I then handed her the clothes in my hands and she eagerly pulled on the sweatpants and sweatshirt before scooting over in bed, making room for me.

We then crawled under the covers together, and Blossom, clearly emotionally drained, curled up at my side with her arms around my waist and her head on my chest before promptly proceeding to pass out.

I woke up before her this morning, per usual. She looked far too peaceful for me to disrupt her by waking her up, and I thought it was safe to assume that she won't have anywhere to be this morning, considering she had plans to stay out late at the club with her friends last night.

Instead, I got out of bed, ignoring the pang in my chest when she reached out for me, murmuring my name, as soon as I climbed out of bed. It was very tempting to just climb back in bed with her and fall asleep again, but I opted to instead grab the massive grey blanket that she loves, tuck her into it like a burrito, and then head into the kitchen to make us breakfast.

I'm just grabbing forks from the drawer when I hear the creek of the bedroom door opening, followed by the soft sound of Blossom's footsteps as she makes her way through the kitchen and towards me.

As soon as I slide the drawer shut and turn around, Blossom is somehow standing directly in front of me, looking adorable as fuck with that giant grey blanket draped around her shoulders like a cape.

"Good morning, beautiful," I say, setting down the cutlery on the counter so that I can embrace Blossom.

She practically falls right into my arms with a little giggle, pressing her cheek to my bare chest. "Good morning, handsome."

I lift her up into my arms and she giggles again. I press a quick kiss to her forehead before carrying her around the island, pulling out one of the barstools, and setting her down on it.

I made scrambled eggs and toast—Blossom's favourite way to eat eggs. I set two plates of eggs and toast on the island as well as a bowl of watermelon, blueberries, and pineapple, because that was the random assortment of fruits that I had cut up in the fridge.

I grab the two forks I had just retrieved from the drawer, handing one to Blossom before I take my seat on the stool next to her.

She's already begun shovelling scrambled eggs onto the corner of one of her pieces of toast by the time I sit down, and by the time I even lift my fork to my plate, Blossom is happily chewing a huge bite of eggs and toast, a massive smile on her face.

"Hungry, are you?" I ask her teasingly, beginning to scoop some eggs onto one of my own pieces of toast.

Blossom swallows her mouthful of food before turning to face me. She grins ridiculously wide and nods her head rapidly as she says, "Yep. When I woke up and smelt food, I practically ran in here."