Chapter Thirty-Seven

Songs for this chapter:
• Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

Chapter Thirty-Seven:

Bryce's POV

Blossom had fallen asleep laying beside me with her head resting on my chest, one of her arms laying across my abdomen.

It seems that in her sleep, she's managed to climb right on top of me, so that now her arms and legs are wrapped around me, her chest pressed flush to mine.

I smooth down her soft hair, still slightly damp from our shower last night. I then press a gentle kiss to her forehead. "Good morning, beautiful."

Blossom's eyes flutter open. She startles for merely a second before her gaze lands on me and a smile instantly graces her face. "Good morning, handsome."

She then snuggles herself closer to me, nuzzling her face against my chest before her whole body seems to go stiff. I raise an eyebrow at her, watching as she slowly crawls off of me to instead sit beside me.

I'm still confused as of to why she's suddenly acting so bizarre until she folds her hands in her lap and whispers, "Wow. I never thought that morning wood was actually a real thing."

She looks at my body, or all that's exposed by the sheets now around my knees, at least. I can't help but to burst out laughing when her cheeks blush a deep shade of red. She's clearly embarrassed judging by the way that she slowly sinks back into a laying down position beside me.

I roll over into my side to watch her flushed cheeks return to normal. "It doesn't help the situation when there's a gorgeous naked girl sleeping on top of you," I comment.

Blossom groans, burying her face into the pillow beneath her head. I chuckle some more as she fumbles for the sheets, pulling them up so that both of us are covered up to our shoulders. She eventually lifts her face from the pillow, turning to look at me with a small smile on her face.

When I raise a finger, then gesturing for her to come towards me, she easily obeys by scooting closer so that I can wrap an arm around her tiny waist.

"I'm beyond ready to wake up like this every morning for the rest of our lives. I suggest that we get dressed and go grab a bite to eat as I don't have any groceries to cook us breakfast with. Then, we can grab your things from your dorm and move you in officially. Sound good, baby?" I ask, pulling Blossom close enough that she can rest her head on my shoulder.

She nods, beaming at me. "That sounds perfect, Bryce."

I smile back at her, but just as I lean in to finally brush a kiss against her soft lips, my phone dings, presumably a text message. notification.

I groan, pecking Blossom's lips before blindly reaching to my side in attempt to locate my phone. Once I manage to find the device, I blink a few times so that my eyes can adjust to the screen before noticing that my dad has just sent me a video.

I lay back in bed so that Blossom can peer at the screen as well, unlocking the phone and playing the video.

The video shows my dad, wearing a black suit, sitting across from Elena, who is wearing a shimmering blue dress, her blonde hair pulled up into a bun atop her head. As far as I can tell, they're at one of those expensive ass steak restaurants downtown back home judging by the dimly lit room and red tabletops.

The restaurant seems to be quite busy, and so it's extremely hard to understand what my dad and Elena are saying. Luckily, though, what they're saying no longer seems to matter when my dad stands up from his chair, takes a few steps towards Elena, and then kneels down on one knee in front of her.