56 | The gang's relationship with your family.

Ok so I know I already did a Headcannon on the gang at a family reunion but I wanted to go a lil more in depth :)
also this is gonna be written a lil strange so bare with me

The Curtis Brothers:
Your family obviously likes Darry the best.

• They've taken advantage of your friendship with Darry and now have a roof repair man and a lawn service man.

• Not in a bad way though, Darry actually likes helping them out.

• Your parents were friends with the Curtis parents before they died so they have MAJOR sympathy for the boys.

• Often your mom will make you take leftovers or baked goods with you when you go to hang out at the Curtis house.

• "Honey, take the boys this pie I made!"

• Your parents trust you around Darry and Sodapop but if your hanging out with any of the other boys (without either of them present) they are a little skeptical.

• Not that they think Pony is a bad influence or would try anything, they just think if something bad were to happen (particularly any Soc incident) Ponyboy wouldn't be able to keep you safe.

• You still get to hang out with the gang though even without Darry or Soda present, your parents just aren't completely fond of it (though they don't really give you grief about it).

• If your parents ever go out of town without you they let you stay at the Curtis' house because they trust them that much.

• When Mr and Mrs Curtis we're alive they would throw parties or your parents would throw parties and invite each other.

• You grew up at bbq's with the Curtis boys.

• Darry goes to the same church as your family.

• Usually he will bring Soda along with him, sometimes Pony (who is very reluctant).

• Your grandparents have always said you and Sodapop would grow up and get married, though neither of you have feelings for each other (they still say it even as your both older and in relationships with other people).

• You and your family went to Mr and Mrs Curtis' funeral.

• Right after they died your mom would make the boys dinner every night and teach Darry household things like how to cook or properly do laundry. Your dad taught him household things like how to deal with the electricity and water (stuff like that).

Johnny:
• Your parents used to think Johnnys scars and bruises were from fighting.

• They thought he was some hoodlum like Dallas at first because of that.

• One night Johnny came to your door trying to get you to sneak him in but your parents caught him.

• They questioned him like crazy and found out about his home life, they tried to contact social services but there wasn't much they could do.

• Your parents invite Johnny to every holiday because they know his parents won't celebrate with him.

• If he's had a rough night or needs a place to stay your parents will let him stay on the couch.