𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

Start from the beginning

About twenty minutes later, as expected, he was violently shaken awake by his annoying and bratty younger sister, Dawon (once again).

"Plane landed idiot, get up."

Hoseok's drowsy eyes blinked a few times to have the heavy weight be lifted off them, before glancing towards the window which showcased a part of the plane's big white wing. Releasing a small yawn, he unloaded his carrier from the overhead compartment and waited a couple minutes before it was their turn in line to step out into the aisle and walk into the airport.

Since it was quite late at night, Hoseok was very tired and had his hood up and tied around his face very tightly, resembling a baby swaddled in a blanket. It looked adorable nonetheless, so Dawon took this opportunity to take a quick picture without him noticing.

However, Hoseok did notice and swiftly made a grab at her phone among all her giggles escaping her lips.

"Hey, Dawon delete that you little brat right now!"

"C'mon Hoseokie you look like such a cute and tiny babieeeeee"

Since he knew he wouldn't be able to make her delete that dumb yet adorable photo of him, he simply rolled his eyes in response and dragged his suitcase behind him on the airport floor.

As their mom called a cab to pick them up and drive them to their new destination, Hoseok and Dawon made a quick run to the Dunkin Donuts a few feet away from them and picked up some donuts for the family with the airport money they received for snacks.

"Hi, can we just get a dozen pack of strawberry and vanilla frosted with sprinkles? Thank you!"

As Hoseok gave the worker the requested amount of money, Dawon sniffed the delightful aroma from all the donut flavors behind the counter. Once Hoseok handed her the box, she immediately dove in and took a big bite out of a strawberry frosted donut.

"Jesus slow down, we haven't even walked to Mom and Dad yet, Dawon. You eat like a pig."

With her mouth stuffed Dawon snarkishly replied with a sarcastic, "Thank you! :D"

As the two happy siblings made their way back to their parents holding the big box of donuts, their dad's face lit up with pure bliss since he hadn't eaten in several hours. He immediately grabbed the box and took two donuts from it, soon stuffing his face just as Dawon did. After eating one of the donuts, he finally let out a sheepish, "Thanks guys! I was starving."
Dawon and Hoseok just giggled and their dad's silly antics, and walked over to their mom to offer some.

In the taxi cab ride home, Hoseok just gazed out the window which was covered in synchronized falling rain drops, his finger tracing them as they raced down the window cill. It was very relaxing to watch, especially since his rather calm playlist continued to play in the background, soothing him a bit with the perfectly-sounding and harmonized notes.
   ╔═══°,*⋅══〗══⋅*,°═══╗

After about half an hour, the car came to a stopping jolt, which awoke everyone back to their senses and out of their naps or daydreams they were in. Yawning once more, Hoseok gently shook his little sister awake, but not too harsh to annoy her (unlike how she did on the plane). Dawon slowly lifted her eyelids and peeked out the window and took a quick glance at their new neighborhood.

It was a very cute neighborhood, to say the least. A colorful arrangement of aligned and symmetrical houses coated the sidewalks with healthy green luscious grass, and an abundance of flowers as well; all a variety of different vibrant colors. The houses weren't too small, yet too big to resemble a mansion of some sort, but a perfect homely sized house for their small family.

Each family member grabbed hold of their suitcases, as their mom tipped the cab driver and thanked him, and headed towards the house.

As their mom unlocked the front door, the family stood agape with their mouths open in reaction to the very pretty interior, much more lovely looking than their old and rather boring looking house. It was nowhere near fancy or extravagant, but it had quite a cute accent to it that put a smile on everyone's face.

Dawon entered first, turning on the entryway lights and sliding off her tennis shoes in the small mudroom.

"Alright guys, it's pretty late but lets set up the air mattresses in your rooms and unpack the furniture and bedding tomorrow, okay? Go and pick your rooms quickly.", their parents said through yawns.

Hoseok and Dawon raced up the stairs in order to call dibs on the better bedroom that fit their personal taste more. As Hoseok landed on the top step, the small bedroom at the right of the hallway grabbed his attention.

"I call dibs on this one!", Hoseok shouted across the hallway and leaned his head outside the bedroom entrance.

"Pfft, that's fine I don't want that small of a room anyway", Dawon replied while sticking her tongue out and turned back around into her respected bedroom that she chose.

Hoseok just rolled his eyes and smirked at his sister's response, and walked into his room to change into pajamas and blow up his air mattress.

╔═══°,*⋅══〗══⋅*,°═══╗

After getting ready for bed, unbothered to unpack any of his belongings yet since it was pretty late at night, Hoseok whipped out his phone to text his friends back at home, telling them that he arrived in his new house and missed them already.

The day before the Jung family left for the airport, his friends threw him a surprise party to cherish their last moments together. And even though it was only yesterday, Hoseok felt a wave of emotions as realization set in that he would probably never see them again (unless facetime counts), since they were halfway across the entire country.

His phone screen light illuminated the dark room, since his parents ordered them to shut off their bedroom lights and go to sleep, as he texted his friends paragraphs about how much he wished he didn't have to move and that he missed them a ton.

Hoseok was so busy unleashing all his emotions out into texts that he didn't even notice as a tear slipped down his very soft and round, cheeks. Unconsciously, he completely disregarded that fact that he was indeed crying and wiped his tear off onto his t-shirt that he used as a pajama top, and continued to text his friends throughout the night.

Thank you so much for taking time to read the first chapter of this book :) and I can't wait to continue writing for you all <3