Chapter 62: Athea and Zendala

Start from the beginning

Seungmin thought this over for a second before asking his next question. Somehow, everything Lucifer seemed to know about Zendala he had been told by Athea. Seungmin had never taken the female warlock as someone, who shared any information from her past with anyone. After all, he knew little to nothing about her from an objective point of view. Still, the question why Lucifer had even recognized Zendala as Athea's old friend, or how he knew she had been the one to break into the Kim mansion, remained.

"How did you know Zendala was an old friend of Athea? How did you recognize her?", the redhead asked, narrowing his eyes at his father. He wouldn't let him avoid this question or refuse to give out important information. Lucifer's face remained neutral. It seemed he was completely unbothered by the question.

"When the war was officially announced I sat in the living room together with Athea. Her eyes were only focused on the cloaked figure standing beside the hunter with the red crystal. She thought it was Zendala for a moment, whispering out loud, that this is her old friend, but she took back that statement soon after. In the end, she told me her old friend might be Zendala and after NCT officially released a brief article on the supernatural world's newest foe just a day after the declaration Athea's suspicion became true. If you want a conformation for this ask Woosu if she behaved differently on the day of the war declaration and the day after that", Lucifer scoffed, but still managed to somehow sound unbothered. Seungmin couldn't deny, that his father was telling the truth though; otherwise his eyes would betray him, but the thing he couldn't understand was why Athea kept quiet about it the whole time.

"If Athea knew so much about Zendala, even her real name, why would she keep quiet about it? If Zendala was out of the game the supernatural world wouldn't be in as much danger as it is now", Seungmin argued, looking at his father in mild disbelief. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea of keeping something so important secret. Athea could have saved lives as well as her own.

"If Athea hadn't kept quiet about the stuff she knew about Zendala she maybe would even be alive right now", the redhead said more quiet, in hopes of not summoning unwanted images into his head.

Lucifer closed his eyes for a second and took in a breath before his dark orbs reappeared. "Athea kept quiet about Zendala because she met her while she was in a dark place and also thought she was dead until she though to have seen her on TV. I don't know why this awoke Athea's suspicion of her old friend being Zendala, but what I do know is, that Athea used to work as a feeder and prostitute when she was younger, because she had no other choice if she wanted to survive", Lucifer began, taking both Byungho and Seungmin off guard. The proud and strict Athea, who hated Lilith beyond imagination, and taught Woosu everything he knew, used to be a prostitute and a feeder? That sounded like a lie.

"Originally she was only a feeder for vampires, who consumed blood of other creatures like it was a drug, but at some point that wasn't enough to keep her safe and alive, so she also became a prostitute. According to the recent news this means, that Zendala used to be a feeder too, but Athea never knew if she was also a prostitute or not. According to what Athea told me Zendala had been a very popular feeder because he was very pretty and according to her costumers had a very delicious blood", Lucifer continued.

Seungmin shivered because a part of his brain reminded him of the incident with Jisung. Valentin King was the vampire, who bit Jisung after the warlock had been drugged by his own uncle. At that time he never considered that Jisung's terrible uncle could have promoted Jisung as a feeder to the rich vampire. This made Seungmin dislike him even more, but it also let an idea pop up.

"Father do you know anyone by the name Ro Kanho? He might have connections to this feeder business. Did Athea ever mention a tall male warlock with green eyes, a beard, yellow teeth and tousled green hair", Seungmin quickly described Jisung's uncle as detailed as possible. Lucifer looked at him in silence for a few minutes before he answered.