~

"Man I," Jinwoo paused to hiccup, setting his fifth glass down on the bar counter with a firm thud. "I don't know about you, but I'm tipsy as hell. I need to go for a walk or some shit- clear my head so I don't pass out."

"That sounds amazing." Jungkook groaned, rubbing his temple with the heel of his hand and getting up from the barstool, staggering a little. They made their way out of the bar, walking in silence for a few minutes, taking in gulps of fresh, crisply cool night air to sweep away the alcohol's haze. Jungkook had more than a few regrets regarding the amount of drinks they'd downed between them, and he was definitely feeling this shit tomorrow morning, but he wasn't in the state of mind to really be bothered worrying about that. They'd been drinking for a good couple hours now, and he wasn't really sure what time it was.

"So, like I said, I feel like I can't even-" Jungkook spoke up, breaking the silence abruptly, sluggish brain clicking into place suddenly, allowing thought to process again.

"Wait, is this continuing from-?"

"Huh? Oh, I was-"

"What we were talking about at the bar?"

"W- yeah."

"Okay, carry on."

Jungkook let a giggle slip out at the sudden crash of an attempt at conversation, and tried again. "Yeah, so, as I was saying, I feel like I can't even ask him about it. Like, I'm scared that if I mention 'work', he'll be in a bad mood and we'll end up in that awkward stalemate until he crawls back in bed to cuddle. And like? I'm so not used to that? I'm not used to having to worry about putting him in a bad mood? I've never really seen him in a bad mood- well, before this week. I feel like I have to tiptoe around him? Like, I just need to keep my mouth shut and keep my fingers busy playing with his hair until he falls asleep, and that's my role, and the night ends like that. Which is fine, but-"

"But it's not fine, is it?" Jinwoo sang, loud voice ringing out in the street, slipping through the trees lining the footpath. Jinwoo shot him a look and a knowing, wry grin, and Jungkook groaned in a heartfelt way, letting his head drop forward and drag his body into a slump, limbs heavy and uncoordinated.

"No, it's not fucking fine, ugh. " Jungkook complained with an exasperated edge to his irritated tone, breaking into a helpless, resigned grin as Jinwoo snorted and burst out laughing, stumbling a little. "What am I, his massage therapist? I mean, of course I don't mind stroking his hair, I love it actually, but come on, with the amount of startlingly enlightening communication that goes on it's like he thinks of me as a portable heater rather than a boyfriend at night. I care about him, and I know he's tired and shit, but if this keeps up I'm gonna go crazy."

"Ah fuck, this is why I don't like relationships. Sorry mate, I got nothing to help with." Jinwoo drawled, still grinning carelessly and Jungkook sighed, shrugging a little.

"Just needed to get it out. Sorry for the drama. Shit, I think Taehyung's all I've been talking about for the past half an hour or so." Jungkook groaned in frustration, running a hand through his hair and shaking it out a little. Maybe he was drunk. He couldn't really tell, but the pavement looked a little curly to his vision slipping and sliding out of focus. Yeah, maybe.

"Nah, you talked about cards, and how a friend taught you a game he learnt back home, Red Five I think it was, and Taehyung taught you Texas Hold 'Em, and you talked about how Taehyung was the one who told you that BigHit was actually an illegal gambling house, and how Taehyung told you all about the rest of the big seven, and how Taehyung suggested to go skydiving on your first date, and how you and Taehyung argue over morning or night showers and how Taehyung- oh wait. Yeah, all you talked about was Taehyung." Jinwoo spoke thoughtfully and Jungkook groaned again, rubbing his face with the palm of his hand. Why was he like this?