Chapter 13

It was a week or so later, that Jungkook actually got around to treating Jinwoo to a drink or two at a bar close to BigHit.

It was around six in the evening, and Jungkook was texting Jinwoo as he stroked Taehyung's hair. Taehyung had been busy recently, going off somewhere in the morning and not returning until quite late at night, and he always seemed tired down to his very bones, and either subdued or uncharacteristically cranky when he got back home. Jungkook had asked him about where he'd been off to the first night, but Taehyung didn't reply and dragged Jungkook to bed to bury his head in his chest and melt against his body, all the obvious tension of a long, tiring day draining away from him. Jungkook didn't say anything and let him sleep. The next night Taehyung shook his head dismissively and muttered "work" before lying down and resting his head in Jungkook's lap, letting him stroke his hair like he was doing right now. And so the week passed like that, with Jungkook forgetting about it in the morning when he woke up to soft, sleepy kisses, and not pressing it at night, when Taehyung returned with an exhausted sway as he walked. Yesterday Jungkook asked about it again and Taehyung whispered that it was hell week at work before his eyes slipped shut and he dozed off curled in Jungkook's lap.

Jungkook had long since suspected that Taehyung actually did have a permanent job, or at least was doing something that led to him being a millionaire, and having the luxury of time and money to play games at the casino, and paying for a month long trip for two on a whim. He didn't play as many games as Jungkook, and usually didn't actively try to win very much, so Jungkook had thought it was strange he had the money to splurge on spoiling Jungkook. But he'd never really pried into it, as Taehyung hadn't ever said much about it, and it wasn't that important to him anyway. If Taehyung wanted to tell him about it, he would.

So he guessed the honeymoon period was over, and Taehyung, being a more functioning, respectable member of society than Jungkook, had work to go to, and couldn't just play games all day everyday and take Jungkook on trips all the time. Jungkook was okay with that, but he couldn't help but worry, when shadows started to form in rings beneath Taehyung's eyes, and they hadn't talked properly in a week. He hoped Taehyung was taking proper care of himself, and he was worried about whatever job was stressing Taehyung out this much, but he didn't want to nag, as Taehyung always seemed too tired to carry a full conversation at night, and in the morning, he regained his bright, cheery self, and Jungkook didn't want to dampen his spirits and spoil the precious mood by bringing it up. He'd decided to ask Taehyung about this properly after "hell week at work" was over. Today Taehyung got back around an hour ago, and all he'd done was lie with his head in Jungkook's lap, sleeping quietly.

J: 630 work for you?

Me: yeah sure

Me: i'll be there soon

J: Sweet

"Babe?" Jungkook smoothed Taehyung's hair down and glanced down at him as Taehyung opened one eye, gaze liquid and relaxed.

"Mm?"

"I'm going out for a bit. Go lie in bed, it's cold here." Jungkook nudged at Taehyung who lifted his head so Jungkook could get up from the couch. Taehyung hummed his assent, curling in on himself and not making any move to get off and go to bed. Jungkook sighed, crouching down to kiss his temple, frowning as Taehyung continued to lie there with his eyes shut, seeming determined to just fall back asleep right then and there.

Jungkook tried again. "I'm serious, you'll catch a cold."

"You should be the one worrying about that. It's November now. Well into winter. Make sure you wear something warm before you leave." Taehyung murmured lazily, syllables slurring together with drowsiness and Jungkook smiled, pressing a lingering kiss to his forehead and getting up to go.