Chapter 49

*April 26, 2014*

Demi

Today was my "anniversary" with Joe. Even though we can't spend it together on the actual date I'm glad we can make it up and do one. I got him something he hopefully would like. I'm not the greatest shopper, but I know Joe would like anything I get him which makes me feel good. I made sure my bags were packed so I could leave first thing tomorrow for my flight. I was getting anxious, being away from home for the first time and being so far from my family. I don't know how I'm gonna do this for 4 years. Meeting new people and being friends with them is gonna be tough as well. I'm not the best at making friends, but I hope I could make at least one when I get there. I've been preparing for my flight and my date all day today, making sure I had everything for each. I wrote Joe basically a letter and I wrapped up his gift. I was gonna give it to him at the end of the night to end the night off well. Someone then knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said as I was rummaging through my closet for my outfit tonight.

"Can I help you with your date tonight?" Dallas said peeking her head in.

"I guess you can." She squealed which made me laugh. We were going through my closet finding something to wear.

"What about this one?" Dallas held up an outfit. I nodded my head no.

"He said to wear something nice but not too nice." I told her imitating Joe which made Dallas laugh.

"What about this?" Dallas pulled out a floral dress. I smiled at myself. It was a dress I wore once when Joe and I went out on a date at the diner.

"I think that would be perfect. I remember wearing this on one of our first dates." I grabbed it from her and went to the bathroom and changed into it.

"Perfect." Dallas said after I showed her my dress. We then started doing my hair and make-up.

"Demi?" I heard a cute little voice and I saw it was Madison. I gave her a smile telling her it was okay for her to come in. She stepped in slowly and closed the door.

"Yes Maddie?"

"Can I help you for your date?" She asked me. I nodded and she got excited. I let Madison pick out the jewlery I was gonna wear. When Dallas finished curling my hair, I let her do my make-up as Maddie put on my bracelets.

"Demi you look pretty." Maddie said to me when we were done. It made me smile. I hugged her before she tried getting out of my grasp.

"You really do Demi. Joe's gonna get lucky tonight." Dallas winked and clicked her tongue. I rolled my eyes at her. It was almost time for the date anyways which got me pretty excited and nervous. I grabbed my bag out of my closet and put Joe's gifts in it. I grabbed my shoes and a small blue jacket with me. I placed it down by the door.

"Going out tonight Demi?" My dad said as he was flipping through the channels on the TV.

"Yeah. I'll be with Joe and i'll be back before midnight don't worry." I grabbed a glass from out of the cupboard and got some water.

"Make sure you're careful." My dad cautioned me. Maddie was pulling my arm wanting my attention so we can play together. I rolled my eyes.

"Got it dad." Maddie and I walked into the living room where my dad was and started playing for a while. I was gonna miss Maddie when I was gone. No matter how annoying sometimes she maybe I'd miss playing with her. I tried to cherish this time. After a while I sat with my dad on the couch and watched as he went through the different channels.

"Drivers.. be careful tonight for the heavy rain and thick fog that's coming from the mountains. We advise you to stay-" My dad flipped the news channel to ESPN as he watched the NBA. Ugh sports.