Chapter 48

*April 25th, 2014*

Demi

I zipped up my bag I was taking with me to New York. I looked around my room knowing that soon I would have to pack up a majority of the things with me soon and send them to my room. I finally got the chance to talk to my roomate. Her name was Ariana and she seemed really nice. She, like me, is gonna be a music major as well. I'm glad the school paired us up together. I knew we would be good friends. I made sure I had everything I needed even though the orientation wouldn't be until the 28th. My flight leaves on Sunday so it didn't leave me much time to pack. Even if I was gonna be there for only a few days. It's crazy how fast time's moving and how soon it would be until I graduate. Just as I was getting lost into my thoughts my phone rang. I answered it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey beautiful. What are you doing today?" Joe asked me through the phone.

"Just packing for the orientation Monday." I told him.

"You don't have anything planned?"

"Nope. Why?"

"I need to go down to USC to do some paper work for the dorms and everything. You wanna come with me?" I mean why not. I didn't have anything else planned so might as well.

"Yeah. I'll go with you. I'd like to see where you're gonna be the next 4 years."

"Great. I'll come by in a bit." We then both hung up the phone. I decided to wear a sweater and leggings today with my black boots. It was still a bit wet from the rain and it was sprinkling outside. I went downstairs and told my parents I would be leaving in a few minutes.

"Did you pack your clothes for the orientation yet?" My mom reminded me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. I just got that done." I said in an annoyed tone.

"Okay. I can't believe my baby is gonna be going to NYU. Feels like just yesterday you were that little girl who told me you wanted to go to NYU." My mom got emotional and came to hug me I lightly chuckled and hugged her back.

"And now my little girl is all grown up. Almost ready to graduate high school and go onto college." My dad piped in. He seemed to be getting emotional as well as he choked up the last few words. I started to laugh.

"Dad are you crying?" My mom started to join me in the laughing.

"No.. Just allergies." He sniffled. Then the doorbell rang and I went to go get the door. Once I saw it was Joe, I hugged my parents goodbye and we both left and started to go to USC.

"Wow this campus is so nice. And huge." Joe just finished his paperwork for his dorm, which was nice and spacious. Apparently he was going to get a roomate too which he was pretty thrilled about. We were now walking around the campus. I was admiring how nice it was and how everything seemed to be out of brick. From their school buildings to the ground. Their library was also huge and looked like something out of a Harry Potter movie. Everything here was so school spirited. Even the little pedestrian bicyclist had a trojan helmet on which Joe and I found pretty funny.

"So have you changed your mind about going to NYU and coming here with me instead?" He said jokingly.

"Nope. As nice and expensive this place is, NYU is still better." He laughed at my statement. We took a picture in front of Tommy the Trojan and then started to leave the school.

"Where to now since it looks like it's starting to rain again." I looked at the windows and noticed the rain droplets hitting the windows.

"Let's just drive around." He started the car to get it heated up. He got onto the freeway and I looked out the window seeing all the business buildings of LA.