Chapter 40

Joe

After what Demi told me during the car ride I felt more than bad for her. No girl deserves to be treated like that and to have that memory haunt you the rest of your life must be terrible because you can't run away from it. I'm gonna try my best during our mini vacation to get her mind off of that and make her happy. We got to the hotel and checked in. We got to our suite and we had a good view from our window.

"I thought you said we were gonna have two beds?" Demi questions as she puts her luggage by the side of the room.

"When did I say that?" I chuckled she walked over to me and I put my arms around her waist. "Do you not wanna share the same bed as me?"

"Nope because you smell." I laugh and so does she.

"Go take a shower or we're gonna be late for dinner." I kiss her forehead before releasing her. She heads off to the bathroom. I take my clothes out of my suitcase I'm gonna wear tonight and lay it out on my bed. I turn on the TV and lay back on the bed and watch some TV before Demi comes out. About 20 minutes later she comes out with a towl wrapped around her and her hair soaking wet. She goes to her suitcase and gets the outfit she's wearing tonight. She bends down and I try hard not to stare but I can't help it. I can feel all the blood rushing to my member as it was starting to sport a hard one.

"You can go shower now." Demi says not looking for me as she tries to get her clothes. I quickly run into the bathroom and shut the door. Hopefully she didn't see that. I quickly shower and got out with a towl around my waist. When I got out, Demi was curling her hair and she was already in her dress. It suited her well. I got changed in my flannel shirt and gray jacket and matching pants and a skinny blue tie with a white belt. Demi was in a strapless tight dress that was black and variety of greens and blues at the bottom. She started applying her make-up while I slid on my shoes. She finished putting on her make up and put on her gold strapped heels.

"You ready yet gorgeous?" She grabs her clutch and nods. I take her hand and we leave our room.

"You look stunning tonight." I tell her as we walk out to the restaurant.

"Thanks. You look pretty good too." She slightly bit her lip. When she does that it drives me crazy. We got to the restaurant and we got to our table. I pulled out her chair for her and sat on the opposite side. We ordered our food and started talking.

"What do you think of this restaurant so far?" We had the back part of the restaurant to ourselves and had the view of the ocean. The lights were sort of dim but it was nice.

"I think you did a good job and the food seems good too based on the names." She lightly laughs "And the view is absolutely breathtaking. You did a good job." She reaches over and grabs my hands from across the table.

"Anything for you." Our food is then served and we eat it. After we pay we walk out and we head to the beach. Demi takes her heels off and I carry them for her. We hold hands while we down the beach and we just talk.

"I don't think I'm ready to go back to school." Demi says as she lays her head on my shoulder.

"But who really is." We kept walking.

"It was a good break but I guess all things have to come to an end sometime." We stopped walking and she faces me.

"Not us." I smile down at her. She looks down upset.

"How is this gonna work Joe? How are we going to make this work? You're gonna be here and I'm gonna be across the country. We won't see each other for 4 years." She lets a tear drop down her face.

"And I'll wait for you Demi. I'm not gonna give up on us I swear. I'll still be here when school's over and we both graduate. I promise." I give her a tight hug.

"It's just gonna be hard. They say that long distance relationships have such a small chance of lasting and I'm scared of not seeing you every day and being with you every day." she cries more. I wipe her tears with my thumb.

"I'm sorry I ruined this night for us. But it just popped into my mind." She calms down now.

"You didn't ruin it babe. And screw what those people say because it's going to work. We may not see each other often but there are other ways like factiming and skype. It may not be the same but it's better than nothing. And I'll come visit you on breaks or if you come home we can see each other. Nothing and no one is gonna stop me from loving or seeing you,Demi." She gives me a tight hug and kisses me passionately on the lips.

"I love you. You're the best boyfriend in the world." She kisses me again. We walk back to our hotel room and during our walk it was quiet but I was thinking on the way back. I'm not gonna give up on Demi and this relationship. I'm gonna fight for it even if she's far. But the thought of this still scares me and even though I may not look scared on the outside I am on the inside.