Chapter 107: Bliss

"Can't sleep?"

Elsa looked up at him and nodded as she rubbed her bleary eyes, "Yeah." she slipped off the bed and stood up, walking up to his side to kiss his cheek. Aiden chuckled and petted her hair, "I can't sleep too. Well, since we can't take an evening stroll, what about a night under the stars?"

The Queen of Arendelle grinned at him in agreement, "Let's go grab some blankets and some pillows. I like the sound of that."

Aiden laughed in approval and took a few pillows from their bed while Elsa snatched two blankets to her contentment, the couple giggling like children unbeknownst to their sleeping twins from their cribs.

Elsa quickly settled the blanket on the balcony floor and Aiden placed two pillows on each of their side before they finally sat down on their make shift couch.

The evening breeze passed by making Aiden's perfectly combed hair transform into a wild style. Aiden flustered at how sprawled his hair was before bringing up his hands to fix it.

Elsa looked at him with admiration in her eyes as she watched her husband fix his hair like a frustrated child.

"You're so cute." she mumbled lowly, tucking a stray strand of her hair behind her ear. Aiden looked back at her and laid his head on her lap, relaxing his body on the ground, way past the blankets they both settled.

Elsa brushed his hair back with her fingers as they simply looked at the stars up above, glimmering in the darkness.

"Aiden..."

"Yeah?"

"I couldn't sleep because of a nightmare."

She felt shame build up in her throat as she continued, feeling like a coward because she could not keep the thought to herself. She had an issue when it comes to recreancy about such little things, but Aiden always understood what crosses her mind, big or small.

He always make her feel like she mattered.

"Before I ask you what's it about, can I ask you something else first?" he asked, playing with her fingers lazily. Elsa looked down on his face and smiled, "Sure, what is it?"

Aiden sat up and pushed her head to rest on his shoulder so she can be comfortable swiftly, surprising her in the process, "What are the words that can hurt you the most?"

There were so many words or sentences that can cause her heart to shatter, but there is one that could break her heart open and damage it permanently. She still wanted to answer it openly, since she could see the blooming concern in her husband's eyes.

She glanced up at him for a moment before she spoke wistfully...

"I don't love you anymore."

Aiden lifted her chin so she could look at him directly. His green eyes stared into her soul before he calmly stated, "You dreamt about me getting tired of loving you, didn't you?"

Elsa's mouth opened in shock and amazement. Aiden chuckled and caressed her lower jaw, his hand drawing circles on her cheek, "I dreamt about you finding someone else, too. So, we both can't sleep with those still fresh in our minds."

His wife could only nod slowly, her blue eyes half lidded. Aiden interlocked their fingers and kissed the side of her head, "Why would I grow tired of loving the woman who gave me her heart after loving me back?"

Elsa pressed a kiss on his nose and whispered, "And why would I look for someone else when I have found you, and I wasn't even looking at that time?"

Aiden nuzzled his face next to hers, "See? It's us against the world."

And Elsa had never agreed more. She liked how optimistic he is.

"What do you want to do tomorrow? Got any plans for the weekends?" He questioned curiously.

Elsa smiled, "Let's go on a picnic with the rest of the family on one of the hills. I've always wished to go there, ever since I was a child. But I never got to, because of obvious reasons."

"A picnic it is," Aiden yawned, "I'll ask for Gerda to arrange the beverages and the other dishes. Would sandwiches do?"

"Oh, you're going to indulge Anna. Sandwiches are more than enough," Elsa cheekily grinned at him, "Perhaps some chocolate for the two of us, too?"

Her husband winked at her, "You got it, milady. And what else would you like?"

"You." she smirked. Aiden blushed deeply as he looked away to hide it, Elsa suppressing a laugh at his priceless reaction. The platinum blonde haired woman sighed contentedly and closed her eyes, "If this is a dream, and I would continue living by the same knocks of Anna wanting to build a snowman with me still afraid of the world, I don't want to wake up."

Aiden smiled against her neck as he lowered himself down, "But my darling, this isn't a dream at all."

Elsa kissed his cheek, "I know. That's the best part."

...

Cyra sighed exasperatedly as Olaf continued his rant, "I still don't get how Auriana and Chandler are made."

Anna rubbed the Queen of Arendelle's back after hearing her sister choke through a mouthful of water, Iduna and Agnarr trying their best to focus on their own salads while Kristoff awkwardly bit onto his sandwich to muffle out his laughter. Aiden face palmed himself with beet red cheeks.

Sven just shrugged with a muzzle filled with carrots. Cyra patted the snowman's head in an overly motherly way, "Ask that once Elsa isn't choking anymore. Or, better yet, when you're older."

Helena cleared her throat, determined to change the topic. Putting down her sandwich, she spoke, "This place is just so beautiful. How come it's so... Isolated?"

"Nobody is really interested with the real outdoors nowadays," Iduna sighed, before smiling in satisfaction, "At least we can preserve its glory that way."

The hill top is very breathtaking, indeed. Every bit of the hill is covered with short but healthy grass, and while the North Mountain is preserved in the season of winter, this hill permanently lives with the state of spring.

There are several trees around the area, and colorful tulips are scattered in a unique way. Down the hill, you can find a lake where the water is very clear and pure; and dirt stairs to return on the plain ground safely are formed by ancient people who first found this place.

"Aiden, lover?" Elsa called with tinges of the color pink gracing her cheeks.

"Yes, snowflake?"

"Would you like to go for a swim?"

A cheshire cat grin indescribably twisted across Aiden's face in excitement.

"If you don't want to, I don't mind-"

"YES! ABSOLUTELY! LET'S GO!"

Aiden grabbed his wife's wrist, the rest of the family looking at the duo as they laugh loudly and dash for the dirt stairs. After reaching the bottom and the shore before the lake, Aiden pulled up his shirt and secured it on a nearby boulder.

(A/N: The picture below doesn't belong to me, credits to the one who owns it. And sorry, I can't help it 🤣)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━A/N: *dusts off the cobwebs around the place* HAI I'M BACK!!

A/N: *dusts off the cobwebs around the place* HAI I'M BACK!!