Chap 7 "Occupation Change"

Kayla's POV

Noah and I have been living in our own home for a good year and a half. I walked in and saw him sitting on the couch reading the bible. "Hey, babe," I looked at him. "Starting the morning off right, I see."

"Yeah," Noah nodded as he looked up at me. "Did you do your reading?"

"I did an audio listening," I replied. "I did it while I was taking a shower." I grabbed my jacket and put it on. Noah was just looking at me. "I'm sorry, babe. I know we planned for this morning but I have to go to work."

"You look beautiful," Noah smiled

"Thank you," I replied. "I gotta go." I leaned over and gave Noah a kiss. "Make sure you update your fans. I'll be home later tonight." I left the house. Instead of going to SWAT headquarters, I went to see the Avengers. I walked in and Steve walked up to me. He hugged me. "Hey."

"I thought I said to not be a stranger," Steve stated.

"I'm not," I stated. "I visit at least twice or three times a month since I started working here part-time."

"Why not full-time?" Tony asked.

"Because you pay me twice as much as SWAT, and I was working full-time with them," I responded. "I gotta pick and choose my battles."

"You should change your visits to at least twice a week," Steve replied. "Ever since Street transferred to be our weapons and tactics guy, you're all he talks about."

"That's what the urgent message was?" I asked. "I just left my husband to read the bible this morning alone."

"That's what you spend your mornings doing?" Thor asked. "Why read about a God when you can come spend time with a God?"

"Because the God we praise and worship has done things for us," Steve replied.

"That, and Noah and I take our relationship with God very seriously," I nodded. "That's why I don't work on Sundays."

"Really?" Thor asked. "That makes more sense why you're never here on Sundays."

"I assumed she was with SWAT," Clint stated.

"I'm at church in the mornings, and then I'm with my husband," I smiled. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to speak with Street." I walked to the weapons room and Street was just cleaning firearms. "Hey."

"Kayla," Street smiled as he hugged me. "I didn't expect to see you today."

"Steve called and asked me to do some paper work," I lied. "What's with the firearms?"

"Natasha Romanoff," Street replied. "She decided to do a little target practice today and Clint with his arrows."

"That doesn't seem too bad," I shrugged.

"It wasn't, until Clint shot an arrow into my apple that I was about to eat," Street looked at me.

"Clint doesn't take to new people very kindly," I stated.