Chap 9 "Ruse"

Street's POV

I knew Kayla had feelings for me. I had feelings for her, but deep down, she still cares for Noah. He was going to be in town and wanted me to take her to his concert. "Kayla," I stated as we got into my car. "Are you sure you don't want to change?"

"Yeah, I'm sure," Kayla smiled. She adjusted her ears. "I can't believe you got me Beauty and the Beast ears."

"Well, I remember it's your favorite fairytale," I replied

"Well, I remember it's your favorite fairytale," I replied. I took her to the park and we got through the front gates. I saw she was holding a microphone. "Kayla, what's that in your hand?"

"What?" Kayla asked. "You've never seen a microphone?"

 "You've never seen a microphone?"

"I have," I nodded. "I'm just wondering what you're doing with it."

"I'll be right back," Kayla stated as she left, leaving me standing in front of the castle by myself.

"Did your girlfriend just leave you?" a woman asked.

"Oh, she's not my girlfriend," I replied. "We're just hanging out together on her day off." The crowd started cheering. I looked at Kayla, and she was behind the barricade. "Kayla?"

"Good afternoon everyone!" Kayla smiled. "Are we ready for a two and a half hour concert with Disney covers?" The crowd cheered. "We even have some special guests here to share the experience with us." She looked at me and smiled. "I'm going to start us off with a cover. My name is Kayla Schnacky and I'm going to be singing Me, Myself, and Time by Demi Lovato. I hope you enjoy!"

"This just took a turn," I stated as the music started.

"Wait, is that Noah Schnacky's wife?" the lady asked.

"Uhm, ex-wife," I replied. "They never went public about it."

"Do you know who broke up with who?" she asked.

"I'm not at liberty to say," I stated. "But that is his ex-wife." I looked at her. "They've been apart for a year. Did you not know that?"

"He went on tour," she replied as she got out her phone to take a video of Kayla. "I just assumed they were still together."