Chap 3 "Last Day"

Noah's POV

I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom. "Hey Mom," I smiled. "I wanted to show you something?"

"What is it?" Mom asked.

"This," I stated as I got a ring out of my pocket. "What do you think?"

"It's a little small to be an engagement ring for Sarah," Mom stated.

"Mom, Sarah's just a friend," I replied. "This is a promise ring for Kayla. I plan on giving it to her at Magic Kingdom."

"I haven't heard that name in a while," Mom replied. "How is she doing in LA?"

"Did you not hear me?" I asked. "She's here in Orlando. Today is her last day here." Mom raised a brow. "I'm already missing our three year anniversary next month, Mom. She's the girl I want to spend my life with."

"Sweetheart, sometimes high school sweethearts doesn't last forever," Mom responded. "You're still young. You can find a nice girl in Orlando."

"But you love Kayla," I nodded. "What changed?"

"Two years can change a person, Noah," Mom replied.

"Hey, Noah," Kayla walked in. "Good morning, Mrs. Schnacky."

"Good morning, Kayla," Mom hugged her

"Good morning, Kayla," Mom hugged her. "Have you been enjoying Orlando?"

"So far," Kayla nodded. "Noah has shown me a lot." She looked at me. "So, my flight leaves at 1:15am. I need to either be back at the air bnb by 11:30pm so I can go to the airport with Street, or you can drop me off at MCO." She looked at her phone. "Street just need details."

"I'll see you off," I smiled. "I wanna keep you for as long as I can."

"You're something," Kayla replied as s he send a text. "Oh, Mrs. Schnacky, I'm graduating high school sometime next year, and I was wondering if you'd like me to send an invitation."

"Oh, yes, please," Mom nodded. "We'd be happy to take the trip down."

"Okay," Kayla smiled.

"Why don't you go wait in the car?" I asked. Kayla left. "What happened to two years can change a person, Noah?"

"She's still as sweet as I remember," Mom smiled. "You kids have fun."

"Thanks, Mom," I replied.

"She's gotten better on dressing like an LA girl," Mom replied. "I remember when she was running around in her preteen girl clothes."

"Mom," I stated. I drove Kayla and I to Magic Kingdom and we started walking around. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Kayla smiled as she held my hand. "Thank you for giving me a great week."

"Thank you for surprising me," I smiled. We stopped in front of the castle and took a picture. "Kayla?" She looked at me. "I want to promise you a life full of happiness." I got the ring and Kayla put her right hand over her mouth. "It's not an engagement ring, but I would want to be something more in life when we're both really ready." I got down on one knee. "Kayla, will you be the Minnie to my Mickey?