easter . the monkees

Normally, you didn't take even a minute out of your day to celebrate Easter as you weren't religious nor did you have any younger cousins or relatives that you could hide eggs for, but this year was different; you were inviting over The Monkees to colour and decorate eggs with you!

You met them all about a year ago, ever since you started working as a set designer in Hollywood, and you clicked ever since. It was Peter who you got to know first, then Micky, Davy, and Mike. Although it took awhile for you to get to know everyone, you didn't have a single regret in doing so.

Each one of them owned your heart in some way, whether it was their jokes, their music knowledge, their kindness, or their charm. However, you didn't really consider any of them to be suited for you. They were only your friends!

Moving on, Easter was coming up around the corner, in about two weeks to be exact, and you thought it'd be fun to dye some eggs with the boys. You called each one of them up the day before, so now all you had to do was get the house ready.

You wore a casual outfit, a light yellow gingham patterned dress that had this cute little white collar. For hair, you didn't bother with much, as you were more worried about the state of your small home.

Speaking of your home, what did it look like? Well, since living in L.A. was expensive, you were only renting out a one bedroom apartment. The colour scheme was y/f/c with hints of white and grey scale, and the furniture wasn't too high end or too cheap, just right.

Overall, it was tidy and taken care of nicely, especially as of right now since you were having company over and in just a few minutes!

KNOCK KNOCK

Here they were! Quickly you went to answer the door, swinging the door open excitedly to see your friends. "Hey guys!" 

"Hey, shotgun," Mike first greeted you, smiling and giving a wave. "We brought up some eggs just in case you didn't have any."

"But uh.. One of them broke though!" Micky piped up with a light laugh, fiddling with his fingers.

Raising an eyebrow, you stepped aside. "So they're not boiled yet?" You asked, letting the guys actually into the home of yours. 

"Nope, but that won't take long, will it...?" Davy answered, taking off his shoes after seeing Mike do it. All the boys followed suit once they closed the door behind them.

"Nah, it shouldn't.. Luckily, I have some eggs already boiled!" You told them with a grin. Popping open the fridge, you reached it and pulled out a carton full of them. 

"Great, then I can get the dye ready," He replied, looking over at the counter top then up towards the cupboards. 

"Should we get the others boiled...?" Mike offered up, already looking for a pan for them. Man, everyone had hands on deck for this! It was amusing honestly, but it warmed your heart nonetheless.

"Sure, we can do these eggs while they get cooked up," You said with a nod. After everything was set up, everyone got to cracking down on getting the eggs looking top notch with the basic supplies they had. 

You had a box of some cheap crayons you got from the corner store down the street, the dyes, and a couple other markers that you found laying around. The not very pigmented dyes you had were the very basic colours: yellow, green, pink, blue, purple, and red.

First, you all decided to dry and draw each other on an egg. Mike had Peter, Peter had you, you had Mike, Micky had Davy, and Davy had Peter. So far, you thought you were doing good. You peeked over to see what everyone was up to.