moving . micky dolenz

You'd been dating your Monkees famous boyfriend, Micky Dolenz, for about eight months now, and you guys thought it was about time for you to move in with him into his rather nice house. You practically already lived there with how much stuff you managed to leave there anyways.

One time you left your whole purse there without even realising it until you got back home, and this was only a month ago! Yeah... Moving in was a must at this point.

Feeling the warm Californian breeze through your hair, you made your way towards the back of the moving truck you and Micky had rented. "Is that one of the last boxes, babe?" You heard him call. Nodding, you picked it up and started on your way back inside the house.

"Yep! There's just a couple more in there," You told you, kissing his cheek once you got to the top of the small flight of stairs that lead up to the modern styled house. "I'll grab them though, no worries."

"Nah, leave this to Micky," He stated, holding a finger up. He was such a dork sometimes, but he was your dork, so you wouldn't change anything about him. 

You laughed. "Alright, goofball, Imma get to unpacking then, okay?" Once this was established, you went on your way to the bedroom you'd now be sleeping in every night.

It was open with large windows that let light pour in from all around, and Micky's scent littered the place. You set down the box you were carrying and ran up to the bed, jumping up on it so you could take the smell in completely. Ah, it was so nice and homey.

Moments later, you got off and began unpacking like you had planned. As you were living in a single bedroom apartment before now living with your boyfriend, you didn't have much furniture or anything too large that was going to take awhile to sort through and put into its place in your new home.

In fact, the biggest box of yours was blankets and clothes. Your grandma would send up blankets she made to you for your birthday or other events, so you couldn't leave them of course.

Over the next few hours, Micky helped you unpack and get settled in. "Where do you think this should go?" You asked, holding up a random knic-knac you collected over the years.

"Over there, by that photo of us," Micky said, taking it from you. Setting it where he mentioned, you took a moment to admire its placement and the photo it was by. It was a simple, yet heartwarming photo, the first one of you out in public with the drummer. 

"I love it..." You thought out loud, smiling dreamily at the sight. Micky turned to looked back at you.

"Really, baby?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't you...?"

"Well, it's just.. A photo is all," Micky explained with a snort. He shrugged and looked back at the framed photo of the pair of you. 

"Why would you frame if it was just a photo?" You then asked, tilting your head and giggling. You watched as his cheeks heated up bright red like a freshly picked tomato or apple.

"Y'know why!" Micky said, rushing towards the bed and jumping on it. He broke a huge grin when you saw how your pretty y/c/e eyes lit up. 

"So, it's not just a photo then, is it?" You sat up, wrapping your hands around his neck casually and pulling him closer to your face to breath in that sweet scent once more. You couldn't get enough of it: the subtle coconut and vanilla.

"I guess not.. I just..." Micky laughed, looking away for a moment. It was insane for him to think about how you were now here in between his two arms, leaning against the headboard of his bed.

When you too first started going out, he didn't know what to except because you were his first official girlfriend since joining The Monkees. He wasn't sure whether or not you'd be able to handle the lifestyle he had, but you were, and you were able to because of how nice the media and fans were to you.

Of course, there were some nasty fans or some articles out there that talked down upon you for not being as 'successful' as your boyfriend, but the positive ones were overwhelming and almost made it seem as if they didn't exist at all. Oh, yeah, and Micky helped too for obvious reasons

"I was scared that you'd get made fun of... And you didn't, when we first went out," He admitted to you. You furrowed your eyebrows. "I meant like- I was afraid that the media would go crazy is all," He went on. 

Nodding, you looked into his eyes and smiled warmly. Micky being vulnerable wasn't something you typically got to see. He was wrapped up in the buzz of the day most if not all the time, like what episode he was going to have to shoot for next, when he had to go to the studio, etc etc. 

"I love you," You told him, kissing him gently. Your body shifted ever so slightly, and your arms draped down his neck and to his hands, now holding them. "Way more than you could ever know."

Micky gave your hands a squeeze and placed a kiss upon your knuckles. "I love you too, Y/n.. But way more than you love me," He replied playfully. 

Grinning genially, you pinched his cheek. "Oh, shush, that's impossible!" You slipped out of his arms and off the bed, heading towards some box that was still jam packed with clothes. "I'm getting ready for bed, Mick, use the bathroom if you need to now."

"I'll join you, baby, if that's alright," He replied, yawning. He followed you after the bed and towards his chest of draws to grab some pajamas. You nodded.

With that, you two set off to unwind for the day and take a nice hot shower. You helped him wash out the hairspray he had in his hair, and he helped you with your hair too. It was entirely innocent, and you cherished the moment with him.

After getting out of the shower, you got into a cosy, yet flowy romper style of pajamas, since it was still warm out late into the night. Main while, Micky threw on boxers and a simple pair of grey sweats.

You brushed out your hair and got ready for bed once you were changed, doing your skincare routine whatever it may be and brushed your teeth, Micky doing the same right next to you.

Setting your tooth brush down, you looked over at your boyfriend and began stretching your arms out. "Race you to bed, babe," You chirped teasingly. 

Without hesitation, the Monkee darted towards the bedroom at full speed. "Hey! You started before me!" You giggled and ran after you, launching yourself on the bed a second before he did.

"You still won though," Micky replied, laughing gleefully. He crawled up the bed and under the covers with you doing the same momentarily. 

"Yeah, but that's because I ran track in high school," You said, sticking your tongue out. He shrugged in reply.

"Really..? Didn't know that.. I'm just fast!" He cheekily uttered. You punched his arm lightly. "Hey, I'm only being honest!"

You rolled your eyes and got yourself situated in bed with him. "Ahh, you're such a dork sometimes.."

"Ahh, but I'm your dork," Micky reminded you. He got settled in too, wrapping his arms protectively around your waist, then yawning.

"Sleepy, hon...?" He shook his head yes in reply. "Good, because so am I," You said. You snuggled close to his larger body and laid your head upon his hairy chest. Your hands went to the fabric of the comfortable blankets that piled on top of your two bodies and played with it.

Seeing as you struggled to keep your eyes open, Micky knew it was time to get to bed for real. "Goodnight, babygirl," He whispered, kissing the top of your head.

From then on, you and your lovable dork of a boyfriend fell asleep in each other's arms, unwilling to move when the sun broke out the next day.

== first micky one shot !! woo , tell me what you think in the comments :))