motorcycling. mike nesmith

You tightened the helmet strap of your rather attractive boyfriend, Mike Nesmith. Then, you flatted your feet and smiled, resting your hands on your hips.

"Thanks, shotgun." Mike kissed the very top of your head and turned to see how his hair looked in the mirror. He messed around with it, making sure it looked nice with his classic sunglasses from the show. He turned back to you. "Ready?"

You nodded, a huge grin on your face. "Why wouldn't I be?" You giggled. "I get to see my absolutely gorgeous boyfriend more than I usually do."

"Well, I mean-" Mike stopped, chuckling. "I was just gonna say that the people there are pretty crazy, hon," He said, looking at you. You could hardly see his deep brown eyes through the red lenses of the black rimmed sunglasses.

You looked back at him. "I'll be fine, don't worry." You smiled once again, this time making sure it was much sweeter and more sympathetic.

Mike returned the smile and put his arm around your waist, you two walking out together. "You're such a sweetie," He mumbled as he lead you out to the car.

You giggled at this and just got into the car, buckling up and shifting to her comfortable, Mike doing the same.

Mike started the car up, backing out of the driveway carefully and starting to drive to the racetrack. This was one of the first races he was actually going to be in. He usually just came and watched, but he was lucky enough to have the chance to actually race this time. Though he was incredibly nervous, he still was super excited. You were too. You never had gone to see him or anybody race before.

You hummed to the silly tune on the radio, it being the Chubby Checker classic, 'The Twist.' Mike smiled, looking slightly amused as he drove.

After a good drive, Mike pulled into the parking lot, parking his car and getting out. You stretched, unbuckling yourself and stepping out. You looked around, seeing a decent amount of cars there already. You assumed that you were early since Mike liked being places early. You liked that about him.

Mike looked over at you. "Ready, Y/n?" He asked, offering his hand to you. You nodded and took the offered hand, walking with him over to the track.

The track was large like any other track. A few motorcycles were already set up, being polished and tampered with by their owners. You were so amazed by how big the track was and the smell of smoke and gasoline that you didn't noticed Mike had let go of your hand to go set up his bike.

You blinked out of your thoughts and looked around, spotting the tall Texan very easily. His sunglasses were on his head, the red coloured lenses being very noticeable from a distance. You skipped over to him, helping him set up.

After a few moments of checking the bike and messing with it, Mike looked over at you. "What if I lose?" He asked, the corners of his lips turning down into a frown. He looked really hurt actually and it made you frown to see him like that.

"So what if you lose? It's all for fun, right babe?" You said, trying to cheer him up.

Mike furrowed his eyebrows, looking disappointed with your answer. "I know that.." He paused, sighing. "I just don't wanna be a fool in front of ya." He admitted, looking at you again. "I don't wanna disappoint you," He rephrased.

You leaned against his bike and held his hand, giving his cheek a soft kiss. "Nothing you do will disappoint me. Ever, and I mean it." You smiled, being sincere. "Don't worry about what I think, just do what makes you happy," You said, kissing his other cheek. Your own cheeks were dusted light pink.

The corner of his lips started to turn up into a smile again. "Thanks, shotgun." He leaned down, kissing your forehead, bringing you close into an embrace, his hand holding your head close to his chest. "I love you."