"Anak,gutom ka na?"his mom asked.He looked up and smiled."No ma,I'm fine." "Okay,I'll just go down to the lobby to check some things.He nodded.

Xian played some games until Kim called him on Skype."Good Morning!"he greeted. "Good evening!"she said."Napatawag ka?" "Wala lang,I just wanted to know how you've been.Miss na kita eh." "I'm great,ikaw?Anong gagawn mo today?"

"We're going to a zoo,park...that's all I know." "That's great,send me some pictures ok?" "Sure,ikaw?Mukhang kakagising mo lang,nasaan kayo?Maganda yung kwarto ah." "We're in Palawan." "Lucky!I wanted to go there."

" 'Di bale,pag bakasyon you can go here." "Oo nga pero ang tagal pa.I'll be going to school in a month." "Aww..so that means we'll barely have time for each other."he said pouting.

"I'll try to get on as much as I can." "I know but you'll be tired,ako na lang,tutal summer na naman dito." "Are you sure?" "Yup.Bakit maaga kang nagising?"

"Mamasyal nga kami today eh,hindi naman ako masyadong nakatulog." "Ahem.Is it because of me?" "Sira,jetlag." He frowned."So hindi mo ako namimiss?" 'Uy!Okay ka lang?Syempre namimiss din kita."

He heard the door open."Hi ma." "Hello po tita." Kim waved."Ay,hello hija,kamusta ka na?" "Okay naman po,kayo?" "Okay lang,trying to help Xian." "Why tita?"

"Eh namimiss ka na eh.Wala pang isang linggo.You got him bad." "Mom!" "Eh so?Alam na naman niya eh." "I know ma pero..." "Go fix your things and take a shower,I wanna talk to Kim." "But ma.." "Go."

Xian got up and got new clothes then he went in the bathroom to take a shower."So Kim,I'm guessing Xian already told you that we're going there in a month." "Opo." "Well...we're actually going there right after our vacation here,I have a meeting with some investors,we might just you know,drop by." "That's great tita.Can't wait to see you guys po." "Don't tell him though,I want it to be a surprise." "Sige po tita."

"Kim,get ready." "Emma!" "Mary Anne! Kamusta ka na?Nasaan kayo?Kim,go get dressed." "Ok ma." "We're in Palawan." "Kamusta business nyo?" "Same parin,we're trying to advertise a lot more." "I have some friends there that might be able to help you advertise."

"Really?That would be great." "So kamusta na si Xian?" "Ayun,malungkot parin pero pag nasa videochat, abot tenga ang ngiti." "Ganun din si Kim eh,minsan nga she even calls Xian's name while sleeping."

"Hay,talaga tong mga batang ito.Grabe no?Parang kailan lang." "Oo nga eh,ngayon mga binata't dalaga na." "Mom." Xian called. "Oh,tapos ka na,that's great,you can order room service." "But mom,I wanna talk to Kim."

"Xian,mamaya na." He sighed. "They can't get enough of each other." "Oo nga eh." "Sige,may aayusin pa ako,next time na lang ulit." "Sige,ingat kayo diyan,sana maayos niyo na." "Sana nga." They ended the videochat.

"Ma!Why'd you hang up?Kakausapin ko pa sana si Xian." "Tawagan mo na lang ulit."Kim got on her laptop and called Xian.Xian answered."sige,maiwan ko muna kayo." "Grabe naman yun,silang dalawa lang ang nagusap." "Oo nga eh.Pagkalabas ko ng banyo ibababa na nila ang telepono.Hindi ko na napigilan."

"What else are you going to do this summer?"Kim asked."I don't know what mom has planned pero I'm sure we're going somewhere." "Great." "Mas magiging masaya nga lang kung nandito ka pa."

"I wish I was.Pinakashort nga ang stay ko diyan compared to other cities."Moment of silence."Xian.." "Kim.." sabay nilang tawag sa isa't isa."Ladies first." "Ikaw na mauna." "Hindi,ikaw na." "Okay." Kim sighed."Paano kung mas matagalan ang stay namin dito?"

"Eh di liligawan kita habang nandiyan ka." "Are you sure?" "Yup." "Paano kung..hindi..mag-work?" "I'll do anything." "Pero Xian...marami namang iba diyan...Ayaw kitang mahirapan kung sakaling maging tayo at matatagalan kami dito."

"Kim,kakayanin natin,tiwala lang." Kim sighed."Bakit?Hindi mo ba ako mahal?" "Mahal kita pero...I don't know...baka,magiba ang nararamdaman natin pagdating ng panahon." "Kim,let's not talk about this ok?Let's just enjoy the friendship first 'di ba yun naman ang gusto mo?" "Pero ayokong maghintay ka sa wala." "Kim." "Fine." "So..." "Kim." tawag ni Emma.

"Oh sige,next time na lang,I still have to eat breakfast." "Ok princess,bye,I miss you."They ended the videochat.

Xian closed his laptop and thought for a second."Mom,ano pa ang pwede kong gawin to prove her that I really love her?"

"You can send her messages,let her feel that you always think of her even if you guys are away from each other." "What else?" "Kahit ano,basta galing sa puso mo."

"Thanks ma." "You're welcome.Gusto mong magswimming?You can practice para kung gusto mong sumali next school year." "Sure ma." "Okay,hatid na kita doon,tapos babalik na lang ako ng mga 8,I'm getting a massage."He nodded and they headed out.

Xian changed his shorts and dove into the water.It relaxes him.It was peaceful and quiet.He continued to swim.

Trying different strokes,butterfly,side,breaststroke.Then he did laps."Magaling ka na pala eh."he heard his mom say while he was underwater.He sat on the edge and they talked.

"Ano?Gutom ka na?Go change and we'll eat dinner."Xian went to the restroom,washed off a little then changed his clothes.

Then they ate at their Steakhouse and Seafoods Restaurant."We're going to the Underground River tomorrow."He nodded and continued eating."Gusto mo na siyang tawagan no?"He smiled.

They finished eating and went back to the room.He got his laptop to check if Kim was on.She was and he immediately click the call button.

"Hi Xian,kamusta ka na?" "Mabuti naman,kakapanik ko lang." "What did you do?" "Lumangoy." "What did you do?" "We went to the zoo and mom actually got me to go on the rollercoaster at Cedar Point."

"Wow!That's great,ano na,kinaya mo ba?" "Yeah,it wasn't that bad." "Ooh!and I took pictures,wait a second,I'll upload them." He waited while Kim was uploading the pictures,when she finished,he looked at all the photos."

He stopped at Kim's picture."You look beautiful princess." "Thank you." He continued to stare at the picture.He saved it in his computer and decided he was going to print it when they get home.

"I miss you so much."he said."Ako rin eh,miss ko na rin ang sarili ko..."Xian looked at her with a questioning look."Joke!Ikaw kasi eh,nasa serious mode ka na naman,I miss you too." "How's your place?" she asked.

"I checked before we left and it's fine,except I don't like going there alone." "Why?Natatakot ka.Hay sus naman Xian,kalalaki mong tao." "Hindi sa ganun,the place reminds me of you."

"Don't worry malapit ka na nam--the years will pass by at magkakasama na tayo." "Ok Kim,spill it.You're hiding something from me." "Ah...eh..Xian I need to go,kamusta mo na lang ako sa kanila.Bye,I miss you.Muah."She hung up.

"Ma,do you know anything?"he asked his mom when he saw her smiling."Saan?"she asked nonchalantly.

"Mom,I know you know something,can you please tell me?" "I can't." "Why not?" "Xian,it's suppose to be a surprise."He sighed."Fine."He turned his laptop off and tried sleeping.

Hindi siya makatukog sa kakaisip kung ano ang surprise ni Kim.He smiled at the thought.Kahit na malayo sila sa isa't isa,walang nagbago.

Lumipas ang isang linggo at umuwi na sila Xian sa Manila.He was surprise when he saw his mom packing."Mom,where are you going?" "I have a meeting with some investors and I can't leave you here alone." "Where ma?" "You'll find out." They packed their things and left the next morning.