Alone?

Artemis P.O.V

I came into the kitchen to get some coffee and my eyes landed on a certain bird.

He was sitting at the island looking down. He seemed deep into thoughts. His teeth were clenched together.

Honestly it seemed as if he didn't know that I was here. It seemed like he was far faraway.

I made myself a cup of coffee along with a additional cup.

I placed the one cup in front of Robin. That seemed to get his attention.

"Oh hey Arty." He mumbled.
"Hey.. What's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing.." He said defensively.
"Jeez." I responded.
"Sorry.." He apologized.
"You okay?" I questioned.
"Fine." He said bluntly.

I sat down in front of him neither one of us speaking that is until his voice interrupted.

"Do you????" He trailed off.
"Do I what?" I asked.
"Well... Look.. I'm not the best at well..... Feelings." Robin said saying feelings as if it were poisoned.
"Go on." I persisted.
"Do you ever feel like your alone.. So many people are around you yet it's like none of them know you??...." Robin pondered.

"Sorry that probably sounds so stupid just pretend I didn't say it." Robin  stated.

Robin went to get up but I grabbed his hand..

"First of all if your stupid then I guess I'm an idiot... Now sit!" I demanded.
"Sorry.. Just pretend I didn't say it." Robin added.
"Bird brain I don't partially like to get into stuff like this... But have you ever just thought of the fact that maybe you are really trying to be something that you're not." I advised.

"Look I'm no therapist or anything of the sort but I get it. I've been there in fact I kinda struggle with that too but here's the thing I at least have one person in my life that I feel like has been there the whole time." I added.

"Glad to know that Guess I'm not alone... Also who?" He asked.
"Someone really special to me." I answered.

He wasn't looking at me... He was looking at our hands.. We were holding hands...

"Yeah....." Robin stated.
"Yeah." I confirmed.

"Or maybe your trying to live up to such high expectations you forgot who you we're or maybe never knew who you we're." Dinah interrupted.

She looked at our hands and smiled but we quickly pull them away.

"Didn't realize you were there." Robin admitted.

"I've gotta go see you later." I said awkwardly before jumping up and leaving.

Robin P.O.V

"Thanks BC but I think I've had enough peptalks for the day.. I'm going to go find Wally." I responded.
"Okay... wait Robin Two things." Dinah added.
"Yeah?" I asked about to head out the door.
"One I'm here if you ever need to talk and two go for it." She advised.
"Uhh thanks." I noted.

I went to find Wally. When I found him he was playing a video game in his room.

"Dude you missed it!" I chirped.
"What?" He questioned.
"I think Artemis and I we're flirting..."I began.
"Think?" Wally again questioned.
"Well I'm like 54% sure we were... but maybe we weren't.." I admitted.

"But we were holding hands!" I shrieked in excitement.
"Awesome now all you gotta do is 1. Kiss her 2. Date her and 3." Wally started to advise.
"I'll just stick with 1 and 2 thanks." I interjected.

Author Note: Thanks for reading! Please tell me your thoughts I'd really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed.