Different roots

AU: Artemis is on the team. Its year 2. Shes 16. Robin is not on the team he is a known hero in Gotham. He has never worked for Batman and they have never meant. He doesn't live with Batman he lives with foster parents. Robin is 15. He is dating Artemis.

Artemis P.O.V

I hated it. I hated the fact we haven't spent time with eachother in two weeks and that we've gotten into arguments about it. I say it's because he doesn't make time. He says it's because of my team... The truth is it's technically both.

It's really hard to see him. He goes to Gotham north; I go to Gotham Academy. He does the solo hero thing in Gotham whenever he needs/wants to. Hes apart of the drama class so he has to do plays. I'm on the team to which we do missons and train alot. Alot more then we use to. We've had multiple dates plan and each time one of us said we couldn't make it. The honest truth is our hero lives come first.. He knows that. I know that. It just gets frustrating. He understands my secret life and I understand his. But that doesn't mean we're always happy about it.

"Hey Artemis heard you needed to talk to me." Black Canary said walking up to me.
"Oh hey. Yeah uhh can I uhh take some personal time away from the team. Maybe three days." I asked nervously.
"Oh, Of course. May I ask why?" Black Canary responded.
"Honestly... I haven't spent anytime with my boyfriend and he trys to be understanding but hes getting irritated with the fact I've cancel more then once in the past week...... I...... I... don't want him to leave me.." I said starting off confidently but ending it really quietly.
"That makes perfect sense. Of course you can have time." She said.
"Thanks Dinah I appreciate it." I said before turning and getting ready to leave this room.

"Oh and Artemis" she started.
"Yeah?" I questioned.
"Its okay that you don't want him to leave you but remember sometimes if you truly love someone you have to let them go for their sake." She adviced.

Love him? Who said anything about loving him? Sure I'd do anything for him and sure I trust him with my life. I'm happier when I'm with him. He knows me better than I know myself. I miss him alot. And hes one of the most important people to me. I've know him for two years an a half and I've been dating him for one year and 4 months. But to say I love him.... I've never said it.

Hey.... You free tonight?- A
Me free? Psst it depends on whose asking :) - R
Well I'm asking bird boy- A
Oohhh. Y'know I don't know an I'm.- R
I'm... your girlfriend.. Better?- A
Girlfriend? You mean the gorgeous blond that I dream about?- R

This boy I swear. His flirting could use some work.. seriously who taught him how to... I would ask was it Wally but I know for a fact they've never meant.

Maybe. But I don't know her name.- A
I'll tell you but you can't tell her- R
I wouldn't tell her- A
Her name is Artemis. Shes very gorgeous. Shes the prettiest girl I've ever meant. She has a very kind heart. Shes the most important person to me. She makes me feel... Normal like I actually matter and when I'm with her I'm the happiest I've ever been. I hope you realize how much you mean to me. And I'm really sorry about last night. I should've have snapped. You don't deserve that. I promise I wouldn't ever snap again. I'm so sorry baby- R

He shouldn't be apologizing. I canceled on him again last night making that the fourth night in a row. But he said so many sweet thing about me. It actually makes my heartbeat increase and blush.

Don't apologize you didn't do anything wrong. And I wouldn't tell her anything but that sounds so sweet I'm sure shes probably blushing.- A
Is she blushing ;)? - R
Maybe.. So you free?- A
So yes :). Are you asking me out to a date Artemis Crock?- R

While reading my name I can hear him saying it. I love the way he says it. How he makes it seem important.

I am- A
Well in that case I'm free ;)- R

We went to the movies y'know really had to catch that movie about clowns. .. or was it aliens?...Whatever it was. Maybe we didn't catch the movie. Then we went to long horn. Hes the only guy to go to a steak house and get chicken tenders... Hes so weird.

"I'm not weird." He said looking straight at me.
"I didn't say you were." I stated.
"You didn't have to. Your body language told me. Besides you always give me that look when you say I'm weird.. Y'know the look where your trying not to roll your eyes at me." He stated back.

Ah yes the detective side of him. That annoys me. I can't get away with anything... He always says that about me. But it's not true one time I seen him steal my chocolate chip cookie but I pretended I didn't see it.. He looked so cute when he thought he got away with it.

"You are weird. You ordered chicken tenders at a steak house. You have to dance before you take your turn bowling because it gives you 'good luck.' You wear Rudolph pajamas in december. You make up words and every piece of furniture is gym equipment and the floors conveniently always lava." I gave my thesis and evidence as to why.
"Hmmmm... good point but I'm your weirdo. But your weird to. My proof is if any Avirl Lavigne song starts playing you sing and dance like an insane person. Adorable but insane. You love pumpkin flavored stuff but hate pumpkin pie. You always dress up for halloween. Granted you always look adorable but still. After your shower with full heat you complain your feet are cold and then decide to touch me with them." He stated.

I started laughing. He isn't wrong.

Next thing I know my phone is ringing. I grabbed it to see who it was and it was none other than Zatanna. Eh whatever it is I'm busy.

I hit the decline button.

"Important?" He asked.
"No." I said putting my hand on his and he smiled at me.

Zatanna P.O.V

Wheres Artemis? She wouldn't pick up. We just got our next misson and I think she'd love it.

"Find him." Black Canary said.
"Why?" Miss. Martian asked.
"He would be a good asset to this team." She informed.

We're finding him so he'll join the team. The thought process behind it is that we'll be able to convince him since were in the same age group as him.

AN: Part 2 will be posted soon. Hope you enjoyed. Please tell me your thoughts. And as always Thank you for reading.