Chapter 38- 'We were more public than a Kardashian.'

Start from the beginning

“You know I wouldn’t do that to her Nate.” Drake responds without a hesitation.

“I don’t know what you would or wouldn’t do anymore Drake!” Nate almost explodes, and Drake clenches his jaw as Nate is clearly hitting the right buttons and making a point “I never thought I would have to worry about you fucking my sister behind my back, and look how that turned out.”

“Look I admit I messed up, but you’re acting a little high and mighty right now aren’t you mate?” Drake says, looking at him with anger of his own. Drake suddenly points at Lacey “That’s your little sister’s best friend and you’ve been banging her for how long now?”

No one saw the punch coming. Nate’s fist once again collided with Drake’s face at the speed of light, this time he put a little more force in the hit because Drake went flying backwards, knocking over a bar stool as he hit the floor.

“I never for one fucking second lied to anyone about that!” Nate screamed at Drake, standing over him.

Drake was breathing heavily as I saw more blood on his face now. Drake didn’t react this time; instead he wiped the blood away from his face with the back of his hand, not quite being able to look Nate in the eye.

“I was honest; from day fucking one I went up to Mia and told her.” Suddenly Nate walks over to me “Actually no, if I remember correctly I asked you if it was okay. I didn’t even lay one finger on Lacey before I went up to you and made sure you were okay with it because I didn’t want to risk upsetting you or making you feel uncomfortable.” Nate clenches his jaw as he makes eye contact with me “Nice to know you had the same courtesy with me Sis.”

I opened my mouth to reply, finding it hard to actually find my voice as I looked into Nate’s eyes. How hurt he was.

“I’m sorry.” I managed to choke out, realising he had a point. Even before Nate had kissed Lacey he asked me if I minded. I of course said no, and that’s why they carried on hooking up. He came up to me before, which is something I was too much of a bitch to do.

“I didn’t know that.” Drake’s faint voice suddenly breaks the silence, and we both look over to him still on the floor.

“Well now you do, so do not even try and make what you did better by throwing that in my face. I was honest. You both lied.” Nate snarls at both of us, before suddenly he stops and looks like he’s thinking something over “Was this going on last week?”

“What?” I ask not knowing what he means.

“Last week when you both went missing and I was going ape shit trying to find you. Was there something going on between you two then?” Nate asks, staring between me and Drake waiting for an answer.

Both of us avoided eye contact with him, which apparently was all the answer he needed.

Nate breathes a laugh “So when I said that to you on the phone, asking if there was anything going on between you two, you lied to me then as well?” Nate asks me, cocking his head.

I nod my head faintly.

“You made me feel like a fucking scumbag for even thinking that of my best friend and little sister, and in fact you two were going behind my back then as well?” Nate asks again rhetorically because we all knew the answer.

“Look we didn’t actually have sex last week. We just made out a little it didn’t seem like that big of a deal, we were drunk.” Drake suddenly gets to his feet and tries to explain.

“If it was no big deal why didn’t you tell me?” Nate demands.

“Because we knew you’d react like this!” Drake replies, pointing his hand at Nate to gesture what he is acting like now.