"Yes!" She nodded her head in agreement.

I parted her hair, slicking it down with some
mousse, pulling half of it up into a ponytail on the side. Jayce's hair is on the finer side, and she's young so I try not to use harsh chemical-laden products on it. I mostly just use conditioner, and water but since she's going to school today she's going to need a stronger hold.

I finished off the hairstyle with a black bow to match her uniform. "You're so pretty mamas," I cooed kissing her cheek as she laughed. "Ok, time to go" I picked her up off the counter, setting her back down on the floor. "Go get your coat and backpack"

I grabbed a light jacket for myself as well, collecting my book bag and purse before going to meet Jayce by the door.

"Now we go get donuts?!" Jayce asked excitedly as she came running over.

"Yes, now we go get donuts" I nodded my head opening up the door, gesturing for her to walk out of it so I could lock up behind her. She skipped out of the door then proceeded to spin around aimlessly in the hallway.

Judging from her already hyperactive state she probably doesn't need any sugar. What do I care? She's going to school, that'll be her teacher's problem. I shrugged my shoulders, locking the door to my apartment. As we walked out, I stopped and slipped an envelope of cash under Ms. April's door to thank her for watching Jayce last night. I know it seems rude, but if I try to give her the money face-to-face she refuses to accept it. This has become our system. I'm not quite sure what she does with the money, but I'm positive she receives it.

I helped Jayce get strapped into her car seat, before getting into the car myself. Then we were off. Finally. This morning wasn't too bad, but trying to get that child ready for school can be a full-blown production some days. I'm glad she cooperated today, I'm too hungover to function.

Just as I pulled into the Krispie Kreme drive-thru, my phone began to ring. Thank God for Bluetooth, I tapped the answer button on the car's monitor.

"Hello?"

"Heeyyyy!" My best friend Gia's voice rang through the speakers.

"Hiiii!" Jayce shrieked from the backseat in response  since she recognized her voice.

Gia laughed "Hi peanut"

I let out an exasperated sigh, running my temples. "You're doing too much, both of you"

It's too early for this shit, it's not even 8am yet. I'm not a person until I've had my coffee. My patience is thinner than a pantyliner right now.

"Mmkay, Ms. Moody. I was calling to see if you wanted something from Starbucks-"

"Yesssss, I do. A Trenta Vanilla Sweetcream Cold Brew, extra sweet cream, extra vanilla, no ice. Please get it for me, thank you, I love you. I'll Venmo you" I pleaded, only causing Gia to laugh harder.

"And you said I was doing too much? You're so dramatic for no reason. I will get you your drink but you need to text it to me, I'm not gonna remember all that"

"It's not even that complicated but sure I'll text it to you" I agreed, "Kay, love you. See you soon"

I texted Gia my drink order since we were still just waiting in the drive-thru, before ordering a strawberry donut with sprinkles for Jayce, along with a bottle of orange juice,  and just getting a bottle of water for myself. I mean it's not the healthiest breakfast, but she doesn't eat like this all the time. She's young she should eat like this while she still can. Too much sugar gives me migraines now.

I payed for the food, before handing Jayce-Lynn her juice box and donut. "Promise me you won't make a mess?" I looked at her through the rearview mirror skeptically.