Dream/Ink...Picking Fights

(warning! a stranger is being the homophobe :( )

Dream and Ink entered through a portal to a seemingly calm park, with only the laughter of children in the playground and the chattering of many conversations being the only disturbance in this AU. When the portal behind them closed, Dream finally let himself relax a smidge.

 "You see, Ink? This is what I want to see!" Dream gestured to the park, "It's calm, quiet... No Errors destroying AU's or bloodcurdling screams from poor victims of the Bad Assholes' raids."

Ink snorted, "Don't you mean 'Bad Guys', Dreamboat?"

"Ugh, Whatever-! It's a stupid name! The point is..." the Positivity Guardian paused from his edge to an angry rant to calm down, his scowl softening to a smile as he glanced around at the peacefulness, "It's nice here. It's a nice break from the usual chaos."

Instead of agreeing with Dream- which he would have- Ink was offended, a hand to his chest, "Excuse you! Chaos is my middle name!"

"Huh? I thought it would've been maybe... Dumb? Dumby Dumb? Dumby Dumb Dumb?" Dream teased, laughing when Ink punched his shoulder. The intent wasn't to hurt, so it just felt like a jab from an angry gremlin.

"Alright, that's enough name calling. Do you want to find a free bench?" Dream offered, already walking to search for an empty bench. 

"If it means I'll stop getting bullied-" Ink grumbled, crossing his arms as he pout. Dream shook his head softly before giving Ink a peck on the cheek.

"Is that better? Will you not throw a tantrum?" Dream smiled, his intent more loving than teasing.

"...I'll think about it."

~~~Timeskip wOOoOoooooOOOOoo~~~

For the past 15 minutes, Ink and Dream sat in silence on a bench. Dream was leaning on Ink, his head on his shoulder as he listened to the birds chirping. Ink had noticed Dream seemed to doze off, but he seemed to be in such a happy state that it would break Ink's nonexistent soul to ruin that. As a result, he was, for once, sitting and staying still, only fidgeting by bouncing his leg or drumming his fingers on the bench seat.

It was peaceful, until Ink noticed someone walking towards them that didn't seem to want a friendly chat. He really hoped he was just jumping to conclusions, Dream really seemed to need a break this time.

"You two!"

Dangit.

The stranger pointed a finger at the two. "Stop leaning on each other! It's not appropriate for the kids to see! This a park, you know!"

Wait, what?

"You heard me!" The stranger exclaimed. Whoops- he might've accidentally said that thought outloud, or maybe the sheer confusion on his face gave it away. In any case, Dream seemed to be annoyed, nuzzling against Ink before finally moving away.

Dream gave a patient smile, "What seems to be the problem?" Ink wasn't surprised that Dream was going to try talking through with this stranger, but it did bother him since the people he was patient with were usually jerks who didn't care!

The stranger crossed their arms, "Look, I don't care about two guys dating, but can you not be so obvious in front of the kids? I don't want them getting influenced!"

Dream tilted his head, now just as confused as Ink. "What do you mean? You don't seem to be getting mad at them-" the guardian pointed to a couple in distance hugging, "-or them-" he gestured at a younger couple kissing, "-so why are you telling us off?"

Ink had been following where Dream pointed, and they seemed to all have been a guy and girl couple. He is not liking what this is leading down-

The person was annoyed at that. "Don't be such a smartass! You're the only ones that are a problem, you fu-"

"Hey!" Ink butted in. He had stood up from the bench and walked over to the stranger. "We haven't done anything wrong! And he-" he says as he pointed at Dream, who was still on the bench, "-didn't do anything wrong!"

"You don't know what you've done wrong, huh?" the stranger's hands were now fists, "I'll show you what I do to fuckers that try influencing kids to your agenda!"

Dream immediately sprung up from his seat to grab Ink's shoulder, pulling him away from the stranger. "Ink, please don't be stupid about this! We can just leave-"

"No! This guy's being a huge dick! I'm just giving him a piece of my mi-"

"No, Ink! Come on- You have to pick your fights! You can't just fight them all!" Dream explained. He was relieved when Ink was silent and let go of him. The guardian looked at the stranger and tried to give a polite smile, "I'm sorry, we'll just-"

Ink ran at the man, summoning Broomy and holding it high above his head. He gave a war yell as he ran to battle, and Dream stood in place. He was shocked, and maybe a little too amused to stop Ink this time. Ink never listened to people, did he?