Crossmare...Cuddles

It was roughly five in the morning when Cross' alarm on his phone beeped and rang loudly. It continued to blare its noise before Cross stirred awake. He made a tired, annoyed groan before he sleepily reached for his phone, only needing to tap it two times to make it snooze.

Cross eventually forced his eyes open and stared at the ceiling. Just like every morning, he would go out for a run, do some workouts, and go about his day like everyone else. He would have already dragged himself out of bed if it weren't for his snoozing husband cuddling him in his sleep. He was fully embraced by not only Nightmare, but the tentacles on his back were also holding him close.

Cross had to be careful getting out of bed if he wanted to start his workout routine on time, so he made a slow and experimental shuffle closer to the edge of the bed. This only made Nightmare hold him closer, though, and made a noise of complaint as he stirred awake.

"It's still early, idiot-" Nightmare murmured, on the verge of sleep.

Cross reached for his phone. 5:03 A.M. His phone had a notification warning him about the alarm coming back in two minutes. "It's early to you-" he pointed out. "I need to get started, Nighty- We can cuddle later, okay?"

Nightmare nuzzled affectionately and held on to Cross tighter. "As your boss, I order you to stay in bed."

Dang- Nightmare pulled the boss trick. Cross could never argue against the boss trick! ...or maybe he just wanted an excuse to stay with Nightmare.

"Fine, you win," Cross said as he cancelled the alarm. Nightmare, who chuckled tiredly before falling back asleep. He was always so cuddly in the morning, Cross couldn't help but give him a small peck on the forehead before holding his closely and going back to sleep.